🐈
» Forums » Clients » I can't post jobs or contact freelancer. why?
Page options
igenieconsulting
Community Member

I can't post jobs or contact freelancer. why?

Hi

I have a project to post or contact some freelancers. I have no option to do either. I have setup my profile as a freelancer. Can i post a project on this profile?

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Igenie,

If you would like to hire freelancers for your projects you will need to open a client profile. To do this go to Settings > My Teams > Create a New Account. Once your client profile is set up, you will be able to post jobs and invite freelancers to apply on your job. 
To learn more about how to post a job, check out this Help Article. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You are a contractor, that is why you are unable to post jobs. If you want to hire some one on odesk, you need to create a client account, and add a valid billing method.

hi Goran, 

sorry, but if i don't have Create a New Account option in 

> Settings > My Teams > Create a New Account.

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 1.16.19 PM.png

Hi Gleb,

Your can now find this option in Settings > Contact info.

~Andrea
Upwork
mohsinabro786
Community Member

you can create separate account as a freelancer. Upwork not allow both activities from 1 account.

Mohsin A wrote:

you can create separate account as a freelancer. Upwork not allow both activities from 1 account.

Wrong. In fact the opposite is true. You are NOT allowed to create a separate account, that could even get you banned. You can add a freelancer profile to your Client account or vice versa.

15b8b2b7
Community Member

You can creat a separate account for posting job.
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Z wrote:

Did you even read the other posts in this thread?

No, you can't create separate accounts. You have to add a client account to your freelancer account as has been explained in detail above.

lysis10
Community Member

Muhammad Z wrote:

You should check out the thread where the guy made a second account and got banned for NO REASON. 

Whether we like it or not, Upwork DOES use the word "account" loosely and in various ways.

Upwork Help documentation refers to creating new accounts in order to act as a client. When I personally started acting as a client, an Upwork Customer representative told me to create a new account.

So the wording currently in use is confusing. I would prefer to think of creating a client "role" or client "aspect" within one's Upwork account. But that is not the wording that currently see in use.

mudassarboom
Community Member

you can set up ur profile as client.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths