🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I canceled a contract as the freelancer w...
Page options
672467eb
Community Member

I canceled a contract as the freelancer was not competent. How I get money back?

Hi there,

I canceled a contract as the freelancer was not competent at all on the topic, and he agreed on that.

How can I get the refund? He agreed on canceling, but he is not online and he is not releasing the money (is he suppposed to do that?).

Please help.

Mattia

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mattia,

I checked and it seems that you already sent the refund request. Please note that in this case, the freelancer has seven days to respond to the refund request. If the freelancer approved the refund or does not respond within seven days, the money in escrow will be refunded. If the freelancer disputes the escrow refund, we will notify you by email and you can either accept or reject the dispute.

Feel free to check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander,

Thanks for the reply. The freelancer just contacted me, and he suddenly decided to dispute the escrow refund (although we agreed on canceling before just 2 days ago. In his initial draft of the work, in several points of the excel file that he delivered, he was repeatedly summing up number of clients and gigabyte of memeory, just to give an example of the caliber of errors I found in his work). 

He wasted (and keep wasting) my time, but I guess I can't do much for that anymore, right?

If possible I would like to signal him to the community, as I can't imagine this person has the skills he claimed to have.

Many thanks!

Mattia

Hi Mattia,

I'm sorry to hear that. One of our dispute agents will reach out to you via a ticket to assist you further with the freelancer. You can also check out this Community thread about disputes. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths