🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I cannot see the messages I sent to new C...
Page options
77b02a06
Community Member

I cannot see the messages I sent to new Contacts (Freelancers)

When I could not find the messages I sent for the first time, I though it was due to I was sending messages to 2-3 people from my cell phone, then I checked on laptop - no messages, then I sent messages to few other new people I found for my project, again no new messages in the message history. This is happening for last week or so. I stil lcan see all messages I send to existing conversations, but no new conversations on the message page.

Now I'm not sure whether Freelancers got my messages at all at first place, sounds like they did not get anything, otherwise at least some would reply back and I could see the conversation. If this is the case it means I cannot make any new contacts with upwork now.

Please help me to figure out what it going on, this is very critical for me.

8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Sergey,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with your messaging. I know that this is important to be able to discuss with your freelancer about your projects. I want to confirm, are you experiencing the issue using the Upwork App or through the web browser? If it's the former, have you checked if you're using the updated version of the App? If it is the latter, please try rechecking your messages after clearing your cache and cookies. If the issue persists, please let us know so we can further investigate. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
77b02a06
Community Member

I have updated the App, and on laptop I switched to another Browser (Safari) - no luck, I still cannot see the messages I have sent to new people.

77b02a06
Community Member

I just sent another few messages to new guys using Safari browser, same - cannot see thoese messages in the message history. So this is not related to browser cache 100%.

I literally cannot contact new people - please fix it ASAP!

77b02a06
Community Member

The problem still exists, please help me to resolve it, I cannot contact new people.

Hi Sergey,

I can see that you're trying to get in contact with our Support Team via phone call. The team has reached out to you via email asking for more information about your concern. You may want to check this support ticket here that's been set up and coordinate with the team by responding to the email linked to your case. The team will surely review your case and assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
77b02a06
Community Member

Replied to the email

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for responding to the support. I see that our support team has already replied to your message. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
arslan-gfx
Community Member

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with sending and receiving messages on Upwork. There could be a few reasons why you're not seeing your messages in your message history, including technical issues or platform updates.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your internet connection is stable and strong. Poor connectivity can affect the delivery and receipt of messages.

2. Clear your browser cache: Clearing your browser cache and cookies can help fix some technical issues with the Upwork platform. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies, and then log in to your account again.

3. Check your spam or junk folder: Sometimes, messages can end up in your spam or junk folder. Make sure to check these folders to see if any messages from Upwork are there.

4. Contact Upwork support: If none of the above steps work, it's recommended that you contact Upwork customer support for assistance. They can help investigate the issue and provide you with more information on what may be causing the problem.

It's also worth noting that if you're still able to see existing conversations but not new ones, it's possible that the new messages are being delivered to your existing conversation thread rather than a new one.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concern

Arslan (freelance graphic designer)

Latest Articles
Learning Paths