🐈
» Forums » Clients » I'd love to be able to send freelances a mess...
Page options
celmins-judy
Community Member

I'd love to be able to send freelances a message if I don't hire them

I've discovered that if I hire someone, I can't go back to others that have applied and message them to thank them for their application.

I made up this video to show you what I mean.

https://www.screencast.com/t/HcmJeq7NQeH

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Judy,

You can go to the All Job Posts tab and select the Job Post you'd like to review the proposals for. There you can click on the Review proposals tab and send a messagehire, decline or archive submitted proposals. 

You can check this help article for more information. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
wescowley
Community Member

This is very thoughtful to do, and not many clients seem to do this. It does seem to be possible though because I have had clients come back to me when they've picked someone else, just like you're describing.  I think if you look at the list of proposals from your job posting, you can message any of the applicants from there.  This page describes what I'm talking about.

Thanks Wes, really appreciate your reply...

yes I use to use the Decline button but for some reason it wasn't displaying as an option for me...I just rebooted and this time it did display...so now working through the applicants.

And yes it is sad that everyone doesn't do this...it's just about showing respect in a community...and treating people as you would like to be treated.

Have a sensational day 🙂

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Judy,

You can go to the All Job Posts tab and select the Job Post you'd like to review the proposals for. There you can click on the Review proposals tab and send a messagehire, decline or archive submitted proposals. 

You can check this help article for more information. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths