🐈
» Forums » Clients » I don't see "fixed price" option at all
Page options
cdf6e805
Community Member

I don't see "fixed price" option at all

I don't see "fixed price" option at all for the project I post. Searched on this website and googled but find nothing helpful, to my big surprise.  I had to approve the "hourly“ project, but then it shows that I will pay "automatically" every week? what the heck?  I am really confused with this website's way of explain things.  Now the freelancer send me back a file, but with only 40% of what I requested (200 email list provided vs 500 email list that I asked).  I questioned him but without answer. What can I do now? Cancel to project? stop payment? Please advice.

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Jason,

I see that you have already hired a freelancer on an Hourly contract which is billed automatically on weekly basis. Your hourly contract is protected by Upwork Payment Protection and you can file a dispute for the previous week's hours if your freelancer logs hours not related to your project. You can refer to this link to compare Hourly vs. Fixed-Price Projects. You can choose to end the contract with your freelancer anytime or even switch to Fixed price project. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Thank you for the quick answer. The issue is I did not see the "switch to
fixed price" option (as shown in YouTube video) at all in the very
beginning, and I don't see that option anywhere now. Can you please give me
a step by step guide where and how to "switch to fixed price"?

Hi Jason,

It is not possible to convert a contract from hourly to fixed-price (or vice versa). If you post an hourly job you can switch it to a fixed price when you're sending an offer to your freelancer.

Since a contract is formed, you will need to close your current contract and hire the freelancer on a new contract. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths