🐈
» Forums » Clients » I got charged for no job completed
Page options
0a9816be
Community Member

I got charged for no job completed

I verified my payment and the charges reflected on my bank account but I can't hire anyone to do the work. Its very discouraging
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Michael,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already added your billing method and have posted a job successfully. Please let us know if you need any assistance, we're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
florydev
Community Member

Do you mean this?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068038-Add-a-Credit-Card

If that is the case if you read the dropdown - Will the verification charges be refunded? You will see that the money will be refunded to you.

• The $10.00 (USD) verification charge will remain as pending while the card is being verified
  • The charges will be refunded to your credit card as soon as it is verified or after the 7th day from the date the card was added if verification is not completed, unless you have an outstanding balance on Upwork
  • If you have an outstanding balance on Upwork, the verification charges will be applied to that pending balance automatically

I've done that but I messed up on my card verification and put the values in another currency (i didn't know that it was supposed to be USD)
The card cannot pay anything on the site

Hi Michael,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already added your billing method and have posted a job successfully. Please let us know if you need any assistance, we're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

The freelancer cancelled my job
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Norma,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this freelancer. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly to assist you with getting in touch with the freelancer and advise on further steps.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths