🐈
» Forums » Clients » I got scammed and Upwork does not move
Page options
c702e9ea
Community Member

I got scammed and Upwork does not move

Upwork can not do anything for me, I lost money over 3100 usd
Upwork Host thief on the platform without doing anything without any countermeasure you can lose money without ever seeing it is a shame
a very bad experience
Upwork proposes to pay me 700 usd ?????????????
serious ????? that's your answer ????".

4 REPLIES 4
aitringo
Community Member

Hi kaddour,

Could you be more specific about what happened please. We need the details to understand the hole story.

Wish you all the best,

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Kaddour, 

I checked your account and can see that the team reached out to you regarding this contract. Please know that on hourly contracts, you have the opportunity to dispute hours logged by your freelancer once the work week has ended. During the review period,  you have from Monday at noon UTC until Friday at midnight UTC to review your freelancer's hours and file a dispute, if needed, as shown in the image below. 

BillingCycle.png

Because this is a public Community, we are unable to share more information about this case. Please refer to this ticket and reach out to the team so that you can discuss this issue in detail. 

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork is a tool. It can be an extremely powerful too. Like any powerful tool, it can be used effectively or ineffectivly.

Used ineffectively, without adequate understanding, it can yield disastrous results. This is unfortunate. Nobody wants that. But it is impossible to guarantee that users know everything they need to know if they jump in and use it without reading the directions.

There is nothing wrong with using Upwork before reading the directions or fully learning how it works, as long as one is willing to accept the consequences and willing to pay a price to "learn by doing."

Latest Articles
Learning Paths