🐈
» Forums » Clients » I had money in escrow but freelancer canceled...
Page options
christophm
Community Member

I had money in escrow but freelancer canceled contract. What happens to my money?

What the title says:

I had money in escrow for a fixed price project but the freelancer canceled the contract after 1 month. What happens to my money now? Do I get it back to my credit card?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Christoph,

I checked and it looks like the refund was sent directly to your credit card, you can check this in your Reports > Transactions. Please allow 5 days for the funds to show on your statement.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

You get the money back automatically. It will be credited to your account and can be used on Upwork. You can get it back onto your credit card if you ask Customer Support to do so.

Thanks for the reply. I can't see the credit anywhere though on my account which is weird.

Hi Christoph,

I checked and it looks like the refund was sent directly to your credit card, you can check this in your Reports > Transactions. Please allow 5 days for the funds to show on your statement.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Oh ok, thanks for your reply. Is there a setting somewhere to move it instead to credit? I had to hire someone else for the same job and the money will be used there.

Anyways, thanks for the support and cheers!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths