🐈
» Forums » Clients » I have Just Been Charged on My Account Random...
Page options
f98962c6
Community Member

I have Just Been Charged on My Account Randomly By Upwork

Hi guys... I am resorting to this thread as I have had no success of getting in touch with a representative from Upwork (which I find quite strange to say the least) - I recently noticed an amount of AED 617 deducted from my bank account by Upwork. As this was not authorized, and no completions of milestones on my current projects, I would like to know why this took place? I cannot even find proof of this transaction on my account/profile ... 

9 REPLIES 9
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephanie,

Could you please send me a private message with more information on this along with the screenshot of the transaction in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleks, I have sent you a private message a few days ago as per your request, but I didn't hear back. I would need an urgent response on this to understand why this amount was deducted from my account without any authorization. Thank you, 

Hi Stephanie,

I`m sorry about the delay with this. Could you also resend the PM to me as well? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have had the same problem. Can someone please contact me to explain why I have been randomly charged with no work completed.

Hi Alex,

Could you please send me a PM with more information regarding the transaction you are referring to so I can check with the team? Please click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
a1bf2f9b
Community Member

Hi Joanne, thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately I can't seem to send you a PM - when I click on message under your name it says that I don't have sufficient privileges to perform the action. Any ideas?

Alex

Hi Alex,

I just sent you a Test PM and you can access it by clicking on the envelope icon at the top right corner. Feel free to follow up on the message with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Attached charge by upwork that we find are not responsible for? We paid a one time fee to a agency in the amount of $186.00. Advise on a refund

Russ Scherping

Kay Enterprises

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Russ,

The reason why you see charge is because you have added a Recurring Weekly Payment ("Salary") on the contract when you have sent the offer to the freelancer. Salary means that the freelancer will get paid weekly even if they don't track any time. 

At this moment the freelancer can issue a refund for the salary amount they have received. 

We'll also have our team member reach out to you to further address your concerns and assist you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths