🐈
» Forums » Clients » I have a problem with my freelancer
Page options
0e9cb225
Community Member

I have a problem with my freelancer

I have a problem with my freelancer, he wants to get paid via Payoneer for working hours. 
What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Ian,

Please know that it is a violation of Upwork TOS to receive payment outside of the platform. All payments should be made through Upwork. Please share the contract ID of the job you're referring to so I can check.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
fb9f04e1
Community Member

That against the upwork policy. What ype of project is that, I might be of help

bobafett999
Community Member

Drop him/her

If you stay within upwork system you have lot more flexibility and protection as a buyer.

Prashant offered good advice.

As a client, I have hired over 160 freelancers on Upwork.

On a few RARE occasions something like this has happened to me, when a freelancer asked to be paid off platform.

I typically just discard their proposal (or close the contract if they already were hired) and block them. I have nothing to gain by continuing to engage such people in conversation.

JoanneP

Hi Ian,

Please know that it is a violation of Upwork TOS to receive payment outside of the platform. All payments should be made through Upwork. Please share the contract ID of the job you're referring to so I can check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0e9cb225
Community Member

30729991 : contract ID, I ended contract with freelancer's billing hours . 

Hi Ian,

Thanks for sharing this, I will be forwarding your report to the appropriate team. 

~Andrea
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Say "no."

Problem solved.

luce-neidert
Community Member

Ian, you have to understand that Upwork is able to exist because they get a part of what clients pay for the job done by their freelancer. A freelancer who does not follow this rule (which he has to say he will follow) is stealing money from Upwork.

Upwork does a very good job at keeping this platform pleasant and efficient, it couldn't do so without getting money somewhere.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths