cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question regarding the eligibilty to be a client?

varun b Member Since: Aug 3, 2017
1 of 4

I have a question regarding the eligibilty to be a client. Who can be client on upwork . I am Indian (Indian national ) and living in south korea on student visa. Can I  become client and hire someone for work?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

If you have a proper credit card (not a prepaid or virtual one)

and

if you do not try to hire anyone to do any school / university related work

you are eligible to hire.

varun b Member Since: Aug 3, 2017
3 of 4

Hi, thanks, petra. One free lancer is intimidating me on skype that he will report to south Korean police about me. That I am doing illegal work.Actually, upwork blocked his account and he is blaming me. He wants me to give him 200 dollars because he gave me application template with my application name on it..what should I do. Actually, that template is no use of me because it's not a proper mobile UI that i can use and ask some one to do backend and features. I told him that give me proper mobile UI .i will give u money.what do u suggest petra.what should I do?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

@varun b wrote:

Hi, thanks, petra. One free lancer is intimidating me on skype that he will report to south Korean police about me. That I am doing illegal work.Actually, upwork blocked his account and he is blaming me. He wants me to give him 200 dollars because he gave me application template with my application name on it..what should I do. Actually, that template is no use of me because it's not a proper mobile UI that i can use and ask some one to do backend and features. I told him that give me proper mobile UI .i will give u money.what do u suggest petra.what should I do?

What actually happened? Did you hire someone and pay them? What did you hire them to do? Why was the Freelancer blocked?

I have no idea whether you are allowed to WORK under the terms of your student visa (as a freelancer) but I have no idea what the hell the freelancer wants to report you to the police for if you just acted as a client.

I would block the freelancer from any and all communication and leave him to stew in his own rage, whatever caused it, and leave it at that.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS