cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a verified client account. I found somewhere that someone else can also add fund with their c

Arnab B Member Since: Apr 1, 2016
1 of 12

I have a verified client account. I found somewhere that someone else can also add fund to it with their credit card, to my account. Is it true?

Can I also do the same for others with my card?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 12

Hi Arnab,

Clients can use PayPal or a credit card as a billing method. Some clients located in the USA may have ACH available as a billing method. Unfortunately, you can't use the balance on your freelancer account and you can't deposit money to your client account in order to pay your freelancers.

~ Valeria
Untitled
3 of 12

Sorry for asking the question from my freelancer account. It confused you.

I am both a freelancer & a client.

Can I use someone else's credit card as client? I think I found it somewhere, but not able to locate it now.

Can I add someone else as funder for my client account?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 12

Arnab,

You should be able to verify the credit card you are adding and have authorization to use it. For example you can use you business or company credit card. Sometimes the team may request additional verification to confirm that the client is authorized to use the credit card.

~ Valeria
Untitled
5 of 12

Thanks for replying, but you are not getting my point.

I have done all that you have said.

I am asking, is it possible to add someone to my team as a financer only?

i.e. can someone else make payments. Just payments, I will handle all the other tasks like job posting & selecting the right guy.

I think I found some thing like that, but not able to find that option now.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 12

Hi Arnab, 

I think you are referring to Roles and Permissions, in which the Admin of the account can manage payment methods, view financial reports, and make deposits and withdrawals. You may check the article I linked on this reply to know how you can add team members in such capacity. 

-Avery
Untitled
7 of 12

Thanks Avery. I was looking for this one.

Kate M Member Since: Oct 8, 2017
8 of 12

Hey Arnab, just curious if you managed to get this to work?

So did you have to add the other person as a financier / team member to your account first, or were you able to add just their credit card to your account and get the payment method verified (on its own), without having to include them as a team member?

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
9 of 12

Kate/Pandora, as a client who has already done this I can confirm that the name on your payment method does not have to match the name on your client account. All the payment methods on my account are in my CEO's name. As long as you have access to the payment method and can verify it, it's perfectly fine. (I assume that if Upwork see some other suspicious behavior they may ask for "further verification" as a mod mentioned but I've never done anything else.)

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
10 of 12

Thanks, @Jennifer D.

I've put-off having conversations about this clients because I did not know these details. In the interest of saving future clients loads of time wading through help pages, much appreciated.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS