🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I have accidentally paid twice to the esc...
Page options
sumiitmathur
Community Member

I have accidentally paid twice to the escrow for my Job. How to get my refund back from Escrow ?

Dear Upwork Team,

I was hiring a Freelancer for my advertised job, and while trying to understand how  the hiring works, accidentally paid in full to the Escrow through Paypal. I immediately received a paypal receipt of payment.

I had to set milestones agreed with the free lancer, and so I withdrew the offer and then  again with some google search, created milestones.

This time when I hired the same free lancer, I received another receipt from paypal for the milestone amount.

Please guide me as I think, Upwork will charge me each time when a milestone payment is to be made, while I have also made a full project amount payment already to the Escrow.

Here's the link to my advertised job:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Requesting the original amount refund from Escrow, to be able to ensure correct amount is paid to free lancer after each milestone, and I do not get any loss as well.

Thank you.

Regards

Sumiit Mathur

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sumiit,

The funds from the first offer have already been reversed back to your account when you canceled your offer. It can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your account.

The funds for your second offer/contract are in Escrow, and you can release them to your freelancer once they have requested for payment.

You can view more details about your transactions by going to Reports > Transactions. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I hope that's true.  I found the same thing when accepted a second offer because the first freelancer ghosted me.  My account was charged a second time.  I'll keep a look out for the first payment into escrow to be refunded.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phil,

I've checked this for you and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this under your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. If it still hasn't reflected on your account please reach back to us so that we can issue a trace for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
e907e41c
Community Member

Thank you for the super quick reply!! 🙂
Latest Articles
Learning Paths