🐈
» Forums » Clients » I have been charged twice for a job I cancell...
Page options
8de5aad4
Community Member

I have been charged twice for a job I cancelled before it being accepted!!

Hi.

I had a job and offered it for $103.54NZ.  Immediately after I offered it and the money had gone into the holding system I cancelled it, before it was accepted.   

I checked my account and it showed it was being processed to be credited back into my account.

Two days later, I check my bank account and they have deducted AGAIN $103.54 from my account!!

So I have now paid double for a job that was cancelled.

I can't find who to contact to get this sorted and I'm not happy as we are in lockdown in NZ with coronavirus and I have no income. 

This should never have been taken again from my account 😞

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kerri,

I have checked this for you and it looks like you were able to connect with our support team via this support ticket. Also, I checked refund status for you, and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this in your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
8de5aad4
Community Member

Hi

Still doesn't explain the double transaction.

Kerri

#- Please type your reply above this line -##
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kerri,

Your ticket has already been escalated to the payment team for their review. You'll receive an update on the existing ticket as soon as they have more information.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths