🐈
» Forums » Clients » I have been charged twice
Page options
3cef4864
Community Member

I have been charged twice

Hi,

I had listed a job offer for $100 which was credited to an Escrow account. After discussing with a freelancer I hired, I changed the offer to $500. Now I wonder what happened to the $100 I was charged initially? I thought I would be charged $400 considering $100 was already debited. What am I missing here?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Raju,

I checked your account and can confirm that the initial $100 were credited back to you. It can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be shown on your account. To view more details about your transactions please go to Reports > Transaction History.

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Raju,

I checked your account and can confirm that the initial $100 were credited back to you. It can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be shown on your account. To view more details about your transactions please go to Reports > Transaction History.

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Similar situation:

I was charged $100 at set up, and then I just paid Milestone 1 of $100, changed the total for Milestone 2 to $250, but my total $460 (including fees).

Is there $100 set up fee that I was not aware of?

Thanks,

Scott

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott,

In regards to understanding the additional charge on your receipt, I can confirm it's the standard 2.75% processing fee which is applied on all payments a client's billing method is being charged for. I can see where the confusion came from and will share your suggestion with our Product team. In the meantime, you can find more information about the client payment processing fees in this Help article

You can check your Fixed-Price Job Offer Deposits and all the payments under your Transactions

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
d62ff605
Community Member

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My question is not about the processing fee, it is about this $100 charge
yesterday:

Mar 19, 2019 Payment Paid from MasterCard 1025 to escrow for funding
request 228173932 $103.00
$3.00 228173933

I paid instalment #1 today ($100), so I'm confused by yesterday's charge to
my credit card.

Thanks,
Scott
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott,

Sorry for not clarifying it right away. You will see several rows in your Transaction history for one milestone. That's because each step of the payment is recorded:
Funds are deposited into your account from a billing method
Funds move out of your account into escrow
Funds move out of your account to cover the payment processing fee

When releasing payment, funds are deposited back in your account from escrow
Funds are sent from your account to the freelancer

But to confirm, you only paid $100 for the first milestones so far and funded the second milestone. You can also check that by going to Jobs and clicking on the contract title. In the Milestones & Payments tab, you'll see how much money is currently in Escrow and how much as already been released to the freelancer. For more information, check out this help article.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,
The same situation.This is the second charge from my card.Can anyone please refund back the amount of money to my account?and I want my card details remove from the billing methods.

Hi Phoebe,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with the team. Please allow some time for them to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
be407bc5
Community Member

Please return my money back and remove my card from your website. I am so disappointed with your platform, first I was overcharged, I paid the first freelancer for voice over for 75 usd which is far from the price we agreed which was 20 usd.I let it go, then now you charged me twice!?

I demand a refund as soon as possible and remove my card after the refund is complete! I am beyond furious for this!

Hi Phoebe,

I understand this is a frustrating situation for you. I have followed up with the team handling your ticket and you should expect to receive an update soon.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
41e0d018
Community Member

Hello,

I have just encountered this issue and it is quite frustrating. I payed someone I hired from on platform a bonus of $100 and it was removed from my account (and sent to theirs). However, as this new week started - I noticed an additional $100 is now showing in my account to be billed at the end of this new week. The strange thing is that I can NOT see where or who the money will be going to, and I it looks like I won't be able to know until monday. However, this charge of 100 additional dollars is concerning and seemingly incorrect. I already paid $100 of bonus and now I'm about to be billed TWICE for the same thing! This is extrememly concerning, would you be able to please inspect and assist me in this issue.

Hi Mutty,

I'm sorry to hear about that. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths