cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been scammed by a contractor and Upwork is not helping me.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
21 of 24

It sounds like the freelancer worked during the switchover between the two weeks and that's why they were able to charge 2 weeks of time even with a dispute. I've had it happen where clients ask me why they are getting charged for a second week that I didn't work but it was because I worked during the switchover, so some of the time hit the current week and the rest hit the following week.

Wendy M Member Since: Jun 11, 2019
22 of 24

He did not accidentally login and charge hours to my account.  He rejected my request for a refund. When I contacted Upwork about the first dispute (I have two with this contractor two weeks in a row) I told Upwork he has logged additional hours in for the coming week as well.  Upwork told me I had to let that charge go through and dispute it after.  They could have stopped the second fraudulent charge from going through. This contractor is currently suspended and his profile is gone.  Upwork will not tell me why.  However, this does not help me get my money back.  I was under the belief that Upwork would protect their clients in this type of situation.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
23 of 24

Hi Wendy,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. Our team is currently looking into this case and will reach out to you as soon as possible. Please allow time for them to carefully investigate all facts and once they do they will reach out to you with more details.

Thank you for patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Wendy M Member Since: Jun 11, 2019
24 of 24
YES!!!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS