🐈
» Forums » Clients » I have been scammed by freelancer *Edited*
Page options
6c67d106
Community Member

I have been scammed by freelancer *Edited*

Promised the ability to delivery and everything before project, once project started it has been delays over delays and no code was seen at all. Until today which is 2 weeks past deadline, still no delivery of anything beside a simple login screen (screenshot). 

Officially lodge a complaint on upwork. 

Fund was released and officially scammed.

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Sorry to hear you are having issues with a freelancer, Da Qian. I checked and it looks like our Mediation Team is already assisting you with this contract and will keep you updated via the ticket. If you have any additional information or questions, feel free to post them directly on the existing ticket.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ilyas2010
Community Member

So bad to hear. Strict actions to be taken against such freelancers wo damaged the positions of Upwork platform and compromised the reputations of other freelancers on Upwork.

sergio-soria
Community Member

It's recommended to check a freelancer's reputation before hiring. Unfortunately, just like in every world where humans live, there are bad people, so you need to be careful. Also be aware of low-ballers, a low bid is usually very tricky. I don't know if that is what happened to you but "you get what you pay for."

kat303
Community Member

@da qian p wrote:

Promised the ability to delivery and everything before project, once project started it has been delays over delays and no code was seen at all. Until today which is 2 weeks past deadline, still no delivery of anything beside a simple login screen (screenshot). 

Officially lodge a complaint on upwork. 

Fund was released and officially scammed.

Why did you release the funds if you didn't receive any work? For fixed rate jobs, a client has 14 days to look over and approve the work. And for hourly jobs, you have a certain number of days to look over the screen shots which, if you saw the freelancer was working, you could ask for what they had so far before you let him continue working.   

Also, when you seen the delays starting, you have every right to close the contract and hire someone else. You are not obligated to continue a working relationship with this freelancer if they are not delivering the required scope of work agreed on. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths