cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two accounts and the Freelancer billed the wrong account. Can it be modified?

Tracy T Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
1 of 7

I have two separate accounts for individual clients whom I work for.  The same freelancer provides services for both of my clients.  In this particular case, he has billed the wrong client account for services rendered for the other client.  

I don't want this to get back to my client/employer who will likely terminate my position should they find out.  I would like to back out certain billings from the one account and reappoint to the propper account.

Please advise.

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 7

I personally don't know how to do that, but I do know that it is against Upwork ToS for you to you outsource work hourly work.  Has both of these said clients actually hired the freelancer themselves?

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 7

Two accounts? You shouldn't just be worried about your client, but also about Upwork. You are only allowed one account - as a freelancer and as a client.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Tracy,

Hours tracked on one contract can't be transferred to a different contract. If the hours were logged during this Work Week, the freelancer can delete them from one contract and then add manual time to a different contract. You can ask them to take screenshots if needed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Tracy T Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
5 of 7

Hi Valeria,

I appreciate your response.  Is there a situation where freelancers can only go back so far to delete and transfer.  From the sound of it, possible the calendar week is it?

Thanks,

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
6 of 7

It's my experience that timesheets lock on Sunday, the time dependent on where you are (Upwork follows UTC).

If this happened prior to last Sunday's week ending, the work diary can't be amended.

@Tracy T wrote:

Hi Valeria,

I appreciate your response.  Is there a situation where freelancers can only go back so far to delete and transfer.  From the sound of it, possible the calendar week is it?

Thanks,

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 7

Valeria wrote, "If the hours were logged during this Work Week, the freelancer can delete them from one contract and then add manual time to a different contract. You can ask them to take screenshots if needed."

I'm curious, how does one take screenshots of work already done? Or do you mean something else, like take screenshots of a work diary? (Although I'm not sure how useful that would be in this instance.)