🐈
» Forums » Clients » I hired a freelancer who did not complete the...
Page options
utinwebsolution
Community Member

I hired a freelancer who did not complete the job and entered manually 11 hours of work

I hired a freelancer who did not complete the job and entered manually 11 hours of work and he told me he cant able to work on this I ended the contract now when I am checking my email a mail received from upwork. also, I have a freelance account by the same ID is my freelance account also blocked ?? Please support me the guy billed around 165$ without work.

I got this email from upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that on the client side, you have a review period that runs from Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period until Friday at 23:59 UTC. This is the time for you as a client to review the Work Diary and file a dispute if there is a problem with the hours being logged. 

You have until Friday this week to dispute the hours as the manual time logged was for last week.

You may click here to learn more about the Hourly Dispute process and how to file.

Also, please note that if you have unsettled balance on your client account, this also affects your freelancer account so it would be best to clear any outstanding amount on your client account.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Shubham:
You had a disappointing experience with a freelancer that you hired.

You are being billed $165, and you feel that you did not receive anything for that work.

As a freelancer, you have earned over $2000.

And you plan to earn more.

Because you aren't paying the freelancer that you hired, your financial account as a freelancer is blocked.

My advice to you is this:
Stop trying to decide whether or not the freelancer you hired deserves $165.

Let's stipulate right now that he does NOT deserve that money.

But you are jammed up if you don't pay the Upwork invoice.

Pay the $165 invoice.

Make sure your financial account as a client is working properly so that you don't get blocked from working as a freelancer.

And move on.

Next time, when you post a job as a client:
If you don't now a freelancer and know his work, then don't allow manual time.

Or allow only a few hours to start out with.

Don't just start out by allowing unlimited hours.

Allow 2 hours of work.

Then have the freelancer submit his work.

If you love the work, allow more hours.

If you don't love the work, then end the contract and assign the work to other freelancers.

759e32fa

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that on the client side, you have a review period that runs from Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period until Friday at 23:59 UTC. This is the time for you as a client to review the Work Diary and file a dispute if there is a problem with the hours being logged. 

You have until Friday this week to dispute the hours as the manual time logged was for last week.

You may click here to learn more about the Hourly Dispute process and how to file.

Also, please note that if you have unsettled balance on your client account, this also affects your freelancer account so it would be best to clear any outstanding amount on your client account.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks, Annie I cleared the amount, but now my account was suspended can you please help me with that.

Thanks

Shubham

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for following up. It seems like our team has reached out to you with instructions on how you can remove the suspension on your account. A corresponding email was sent to you as well and you can reply to those to reopen the tickets. You may also check your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths