🐈
» Forums » Clients » I'm a client, freelancer ended our contract
Page options
dcf81f96
Community Member

I'm a client, freelancer ended our contract

I sent all my requirements to my freelancer after seeing in her cover letter that she allows unlimited revisions. She started working on it. I apologized to her before I sent one tiny bit of adjustment before she was done with the initial design. 

She started getting very angry and "shouting" by using tons of exclamation points and kept repeating "Do you understand me!" 

She ended our contract. What will happen to my escrow? Could I get a refund? 

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raisa, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this freelancer. I checked your account and reviewed the exchange of messages with your freelancer. While I do agree that the freelancer may have come across mad because of the user of exclamation points, I notice that she used the exclamation point in most of her messages. I must point out that I cannot be sure if the freelancer was or wasn't disappointed about your request to revise her design, however, it does look like that the language barrier between you and the freelancer may have been the issue here. 

It's always best to recap important points of the contract negotiations in the Messages room between you and a freelancer, for example - the number of revisions in a design project, or if a revision will constitute a new milestone so that you and your freelancer are both on the same page, and everything is black and white.

I can see that the freelancer ended the contract, and the money in escrow has already been refunded back to your account. This should reflect in your billing method within 5 days. 

If you need help shortlisting freelancers for this project, let us know and we'll be happy to connect you with our Talent Solutions Team. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths