🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I'm brand new. Need an advice if a job I'...
Page options
b0b99aa3
Community Member

I'm brand new. Need an advice if a job I'm looking for is feasible and if it is, how much to pay one

Hello,

I'm brand new to upwork and before I post a job I want to get some advice if what I want is even feasible to do, as I'm not tech skilled, but then if it is, a further advice how much should I set the budget for that job, and maybe some other useful advice that I should know before I post a job, for example what kind of freelancers should I look for, or else. The advices would be very much appreciated.

There are several possible jobs I'd like to get done.

1. When trading on tradeogre.com, the untraded amount of coins of the available amount of coins I traded with goes to active orders. That active order blocks my next trade, as it sends signal that I don't have enough coins to trade, so I have to cancel that active order in order to trade again. What I want to do is automatically eliminate that active orders, so my next trades are not blocked by those orders. Every time I click available coins button, the untraded amount should be shown in the buy or sell trade field, so I can immediately click to trade again, and not first go to active orders page to cancel those active orders that didn't come to fruition, so I can return to trade page to trade again. These unfulfilled orders should be automatically canceled, so that every time I click available coins button I'm able to immediately trade again.

2. When I make a trade on kraken.com, I want a log document to be created which would show me the exact price at which I traded coins, and exact balance I had before and after a trade, as well as the amount of coins traded. Also, I want that log document to contain the system's 'last price' that was indicated at the time I made a trade, as well as the buying and selling price from the Order Book, depending if I made a sell or buy trade. Once those prices are logged, I want to have a few more mathematical operations that would show me the percentage difference between those prices and exact difference between those prices in numbers. When I'm over with trades, I want all those trades to be exported to an Excel document, with exact number of orders and all the accompanying data which one order carries.

3. A console, add on, or software of some kind in which I would put the amount of fiat that I have, and then the software, with the use of integrated live coin price from tradingview or kraken exchange, would calculate the amount of coins I can get at a given price in real time. Then I would just copy/paste (with copy button preferably) that amount in the buy field on exchange, e.g. Kraken, and basically speed up the process of buying coins.

4. Indicator, or a script for tradingview charts which would imitate Pivot Points indicator (Pivot HL) with addition of percentual change from highs to lows and vice versa. So, in addition to price in the rectangle, the highs should contain percentual change from the latest low and vice versa. Also, there should be an option to show just price, or just percentage, or both.

Thank you to all in advance.

Alex

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Alexander: you need to post this information as a job posting and state at the top that you are hiring people at this time just to TALK and provide consultation. You should hire at least three different people using hourly contracts and ask them about the feasibility of these projects.

The consultants you hire can answer questions about budget, how to get these things done, etc.

You can not get those answers here in the Forum.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Alexander: you need to post this information as a job posting and state at the top that you are hiring people at this time just to TALK and provide consultation. You should hire at least three different people using hourly contracts and ask them about the feasibility of these projects.

The consultants you hire can answer questions about budget, how to get these things done, etc.

You can not get those answers here in the Forum.

Thank you Preston, that was helpful.

I'm sorry, just a couple of questions more...

What do you think how much should I offer these consultants for the advices on subjects I wrote?

Can I just leave that post open to get the advices from all sides, or do I need to specifically pick what I consider the best consultants, and then talk only to them about those jobs I'd like to get done?

Thank you again.

re: "What do you think how much should I offer these consultants for the advices on subjects I wrote?"

You post an hourly job and pay them their hourly rate.

Their rate does not really matter at this point.

You are going to talk to people, maybe three to six people, for a short period of time. Maybe half an hour. Or an hour.

So if their rate is $50/hour, or $150/hour... it really does not matter.

The money you will pay for consultants at this point in the project is insignificant compared to the cost of actually developing these projects.

If you talk to a consultant who charges $100/hour, and talk to her for thirty minutes, you will pay her $50, but her advice could save you $20,000.

When you hire people to work for longer periods of time, that is when their rate matters.

You will eventually need to hire multiple people to work on these projects. You will evaluate them based on the value they bring to the project, not just their hourly rate.

Harry charges $20/hour, which is more than Nancy, who charges $10/hour. But Harry works four times faster than Nancy. So Nancy is actually more expensive. Sheri charges $125/hour, so you don't ask her to do the time-consuming tasks, but you have her work on the very tricky, technical parts that Harry and Nancy don't know how to do and would need to spend a lot of time researching.

re: "Can I just leave that post open to get the advices from all sides, or do I need to specifically pick what I consider the best consultants, and then talk only to them about those jobs I'd like to get done?"

Right now, you don't need to pick anybody for anything.

It is just talk. Gathering information. Learning more about what you will need to know and do in order to make these ideas come to life.

You will need an independent project manager.

Not yourself, because you have no training as a PM. And probably not any of the consultants.

You can hire a PM on Upwork or off Upwork. But you will definitely need one.

Don't rely on your lead dev to be PM. Only about 20% of lead devs can perform as PM. Most cannot. And even with those who can, the project will be more likely to succeed and stay on schedule and on budget with an independent PM.

Thank you a lot for these suggestions and your time. Very appreciated.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths