🐈
» Forums » Clients » I’m frustrated and feel helpless… will anyone...
Page options
24449d04
Community Member

I’m frustrated and feel helpless… will anyone please help me?

I’m feeling so helpless in a situation I’m having with Upwork. The Freelancer did not follow the instructions that we agreed to and submitted unsatisfactorily product and filed a dispute. Then she agreed to let the dispute go so that I can get my money from escrow and now I’m discover that there are two contracts instead of one. Will anyone help me, please. I’ve been crying all day because I can’t get any help from anyone and I feel helpless in this situation.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Shenise T wrote:

Then she agreed to let the dispute go so that I can get my money from escrow

So you are getting the money back from one contract already? That's a good start.

As the freelancer did do work, it would make sense that she should be paid something, no?

Is the open contract hourly or fixed rate? How much money are we talking about?

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I’ve been crying all day because I can’t get any help from anyone and I feel helpless in this situation."

If you were trying to contact Upwork Customer Support to ask questions about how to use the Upwork tools... and if you were frustrated trying to get help... Then you don't need to worry any more:

You found the Community Forum. There are people in the Forum who are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week who like to talk about Upwork and like to answer questions about how to use it effectively.

Ask as many questions as you'd like.

The more KNOWLEDGE you have about how Upwork actually works... The more POWER you will have as a client.

The best thing you could do for yourself next is to answer Petra's questions:

"Is the open contract hourly or fixed rate? How much money are we talking about?"

You can get more appropriate, customized information if you answer questions like that while participating in the Forum.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I’m sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused, Shenise.

It looks like our team has reached out to you already regarding this concern via this ticket. Feel free to follow up with our agent and they'll assist you further accordingly. 

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths