cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going back to Elance!

530a6cf4
Active

Hello,

Since The announcement of UPwork replacing Elance i joined and moved my jobs here since this platform seemed promising , but since joining this platform nothing but problems, i have been patient and watching updates on social media for problems and fixes, but this went too far and beyond acceptable, i'm a IT person so i understand that such huge platform with this amount of functionality needs time to create and stabilize, but testing this platform and stabilize it on real clients, jobs, freenlancers,... is just unacceptable.

its clearly that this platform is in no shape to be released and used by public, too many problems and bugs, in addition to stripped and missing functionalities, controlling milestones and auto funding is the biggest letdown and stripped features from Elance, the guy who changed this behavior from Elance should be fired.

anyway, the wise thing to do is to bring Elance back into business because IT JUST WORKS, once this platform gets more testing , i mean REAL QA here and getting stable, you can launch it in beta with reduced rates to encounrage people to participate in this beta soft launch, and once you get it stable 100% then you are ready to launch it for public, but forcing it with this state into our throats is self-destruction of this company, i'm going back to Elance, i can still see that i can still post new jobs, if for some reason they declined my new posting then i will ditch odesk completely and find other stable working platforms, maybe i will come back after 2-3 years and by then all problems and issues MIGHT be fixed.

23 REPLIES 23

@Bryan D,

I am on the exact same boat as you.

Moved back to Elance last week and plan on moving elsewhere when Elance finally does close. 

I'm still active on the forums though hoping that the decline reverts itself, but I'm not very optimistic about that. 

@Charlie E wrote:

@Bryan D,

I am on the exact same boat as you.

Moved back to Elance last week and plan on moving elsewhere when Elance finally does close. 

I'm still active on the forums though hoping that the decline reverts itself, but I'm not very optimistic about that. 

Supply and demand Charle E. A million of us could pack our bags and leave - there would be a million more to take our place.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I bet they gloat over the increased fees

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS