🐈
» Forums » Clients » I'm seeing " This feedback has been removed "...
Page options
loveonline1
Community Member

I'm seeing " This feedback has been removed " Why is that

A contract was ended with the client on December 2, 2022, and the client has left me good feedback now the feedback is not showing and I'm seeing this line "A contract was ended with the client on December 2, 2022, and the client has left me good feedback now the feedback is not showing and I'm seeing this line " This feedback has been removed" ANd Even star ratings have been removed? Why is that.. can someone explain?" And Even star ratings have been removed? Why is that.. can someone explain?

9 REPLIES 9
55f234e0
Community Member

Might be possible that the client removed the feedback.

They can't. It can be changed, if the freelancer so wishes, but not removed. Only Upwork may do that.

Clients can't change feedback without the freelancer's permission, but they CAN get it completely removed.

Important point related to original question is that why client got the feedback deleted. I believe client or freelancer getting the extra work done through negotiation is common. I believe negotiation or as called threat have very thin line. However once the feedback is posted than removal must follow the approval process of stakeholder rather done from backend. 

PradeepH

Hi Malik,

Thank you for your message. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that the feedback was removed at the request of your client. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Pradeep H wrote:

Hi Malik,

Thank you for your message. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that the feedback was removed at the request of your client

Thank you,

Pradeep

A more detailed explanation would be appreciated.
I have searched for the Remove Feedback option for customers and I have not found anything.
Can you direct me to the part of the help that talks about it?

Without implying anything, but could clients request a client to be removed from a profile if they found out after closing the contract that they got scammed?

loveonline1
Community Member

I personally thanks to everyone for coming and guiding me and telling what could be the issue and I got to know that by upwork support it was removed based on client request.. there's big lesson to learn here.

The client owed me about $3k. They were making unreasonable demands ie. coming on the calls and giving free strategy and consultations. I choose to ask them that I charge for consultations despite I was helping them to pay 2, 3 months later so their company can become stable.

They took it as offensive and told me their team is not agree with my ask and they told me the might end the contract... So to get out of this frustration I choose to ask them to end the contract as Im not taking any b..sh...t anymore.

Then they blackmailed me to leave a good feedback which I would have given the good feedback because I had a good working experience despite getting paid 3 months late and 3 months of payment was due. When I left my feedback and in they left their good feedback to me. after 4 to 5 days they asked upwork to remove and upwork just removed the feedback instantly.

This is how bl...d su...r.. scaming.. It was a big lesson for me so thought to share with everyone to avoid working with flaky clients.

devthemes
Community Member

How? 🤔 

Mainul Islam
Latest Articles
Learning Paths