cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so tired of tons of bugs here.

Ace Contributor
Ilia K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 12

Sorry for emotional subject, but this is true.

1. New chat system – continuous automatic page reloading because of errors encountered on the page (Safari, OS X 10.10.5)
  2. Got a milestone approval request? Upwork won’t show it in your Client account, you have to switch to freelancer account and there it is.
  3. Want to send an attachment? Or receive it? This is a lottery, where you will see it. In the new chat system or in the old messages?
  4. Want to add special characters in the milestone description, like ä or ö? No way. Upwork will show them like “TomÃ:copyright:” instead of Tomé.
  5. I have about 15 freelancers to work with every month and EVERYONE hates new Upwork. The only reason we are here – there is no any other platform on the market.

Guys, I completely understand that you want to earn more money (connects + commission raise), but make a working website first, please.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 12

Hi Ilya,

I understand your frustration and would like to assure you that we are working on improving the messaging system to make sure it works smoothly. The team is aware of the issue with attachments.

@Ilya K wrote:

1. Got a milestone approval request? Upwork won’t show it in your Client account, you have to switch to freelancer account and there it is.

I have checked your account and you should be able to see the milestone approval requests, that freelacers you hired submitted, in the Jobs tab of your client profile. If you switch to yout freelancer profile you will see the jobs your were hired for as a freelancer and respective milestones. If it's not the way it works for you, please let our Support team know and attach screenshots if possible.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
3 of 12

"would like to assure you that we are working on improving the messaging system to make sure it works smoothly."

We don't want you to improve the messaging system. We want you to get rid of it and go back to the old one.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 12

It's simple....they can't.

The new system will integrate into the 3 minutes to hire a freelancers program being rolled out.

Forward thinkers don't move backwards. 

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
5 of 12

3 minutes??? Does that include the time a page takes to load, for instance?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 12

@Olga Q wrote:

3 minutes??? Does that include the time a page takes to load, for instance?

Well what can I say....that's their plan.

I have no problems loading pages and I'm on a slow internet speed. 

Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
7 of 12

New bug?

I cannot see anyone’s full profile, only the logged out view.

EDIT: It's only with Firefox, did a test with Google Chrome and it's fine.

Ace Contributor
Ilia K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
8 of 12

Now I can't open freelancer profile, seeing just blank page. Maybe I have to pay for it somewhere? 

Community Guru
9 of 12

Same here Robot Frustrated

Community Guru
10 of 12

Once again, it’s only happening with Firefox.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS