cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so tired of tons of bugs here.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 12

Upwork is choosing to use certain technologies which are idiosyncratic or limited in their availability. This is why some things are not working in some browsers, such as Firefox.

My clients do not experience problems like that because I deliver web applications which utilize the most widely available technologies, which work in all browsers they might reasonably be expected to use.

It is not necessary to use these less-widespread, less-vetted technologies in order to provide users with the functionality they need.

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
12 of 12

@Preston H wrote:

Upwork is choosing to use certain technologies which are idiosyncratic or limited in their availability. This is why some things are not working in some browsers, such as Firefox.

It's also why different people see different things, regardless of the browser being used, and why far too often the "solution" to some problems is to clear your cache and cookies.  JavaScript works for a great many things, but so long as responses from Upwork servers are "taking longer than expected", the implementation is a mismatch for the architecture.

My clients do not experience problems like that because I deliver web applications which utilize the most widely available technologies, which work in all browsers they might reasonably be expected to use.

I do the same.  I have never seen Upwork looking to hire at anything higher than Intermediate level, though, so my expectations for this platform are not great.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS