🐈
» Forums » Clients » I need help;
Page options
6bff1357
Community Member

I need help;

Hi, I need some help. I just gave a $10,000 contract to a developer agency. They sold well and since I gave them the contract, the project hasn't been moving forward. I write to them all the time and in 4 days or 32 hours they sent me a copy and paste job on another application. I'm being scammed and I don't know what to do. If I have to keep going or get a refund.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry about your experience, Conso. Our team will reach out to you directly to assist you with getting in touch with the freelancer and advise on further steps. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Conso C wrote:

Hi, I need some help. I just gave a $10,000 contract to a developer agency. They sold well and since I gave them the contract, the project hasn't been moving forward. I write to them all the time and in 4 days or 32 hours they sent me a copy and paste job on another application. I'm being scammed and I don't know what to do. If I have to keep going or get a refund.

Did you release the payment already?

re: "If I have to keep going or get a refund."

You are wondering if you should keep going?

First, let's get some clarification.

You selected an agency to work on a project that you have budgeted $10,000 for.

You say that you awarded them the contract.

Did you actually pay them any money?

If not, then you really don't have any basis for asking for a refund.

If you did pay them money, then how much money did you pay?

If you funded an escrow payment, then how much was it?
Did you release any escrow payments?

If you never released any payments, and if they are completely unresponsive, then all you need to do is click a button and you will receive all your money back automatically.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths