🐈
» Forums » Clients » I need to change the budget amount.
Page options
28805ca0
Community Member

I need to change the budget amount.

Geez, have spent an hour trying to figure this out. Please let me know how to change the budget amount from 250.00 to 350.00.

Troy

7 REPLIES 7
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Troy,

You won't be able to change the budget if the freelancer has already accepted the offer. However, you will be able to add and fund more milestones once you release the current ones even if it'll make the final amount paid to the freelancer more than the budget you set initially.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi,

What about if the budget amount is the wrong amount? 

I have put in the AUD amount not the USD amount therefor I need to lower mine?

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Please communicate with your freelancer and clarify the amount you're planning to release for their work. You'll have an option to release a partial amount to the freelancer and refunds the remaining funds to your billing method, provided your freelancer approves the refund request.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

This is rather inconvenient. My freelancer and I agreed to a new set of terms for a product $400 lower than we had initially agreed. Why isn't there a "change budget" feature with approval from the freelancer?

Respectfully,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the budget for a contract once the offer's been accepted. However, clients are able to release a partial amount from Escrow or create and fund additional milestones.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

How the clients are able to release a partial amount from Escrow

re: "How the clients are able to release a partial amount from Escrow"

When a client is going to release an escrow payment, they are given the opportunity to EDIT the amount. They can leave it alone. Or they can pay MORE. Or they can pay LESS. They can even edit the amount to be zero.

If a client attempts to pay LESS than is in escrow, the system will automatically send a REQUEST to the freelancer to approve a "refund."

Latest Articles
Learning Paths