🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I need to delete uploaded files
Page options
d380bb1e
Community Member

I need to delete uploaded files

This is my first UpWork journey. I uploaded the tax files to a prospective freelancer as he requested. But as soon as I did, he discontinued communication. I am very nervous with this behaviour, as it is "scammer" behaviour. I would like the files deleted and am dismayed that I cannot do this myself. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork is not going to do anything with those files if they aren't deleted. So deleting them is not going to change anything.

If you sent the files to a prospective freelancer and he downloaded the files, then deleting the files from Upwork won't change the fact that he has them.

But I wish you well in your effort to ask Upwork to delete the files from its system.

There IS a gear icon next to uploaded files, which you can click to reveal a delete command, or sometimes an X next to things in the Messages tool.. for deleting. If neither are present or if neither of these work, then it is because too much time has passed since the files were uploaded.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
baa5bd01
Community Member

Hi Alek, what's the Upwork policy in this case?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Felipe, 

Is your concern related to any specific contract? Would you like someone to reach out to you regarding the same concern? This will need to be escalated further for the team's review.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths