🐈
» Forums » Clients » I want to add Paypal account to my account
Page options
bbdf4b1e
Community Member

I want to add Paypal account to my account

Hi,

I wan to add Paypal as billing method. But I couldn't find this option.

May I add paypal to my account?

Please help me about it.

Kenan

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kenan,

Welcome to Upwork! In order to add Paypal as your billing method go to the Accounts menu > Settings > Billing Methods, and click the Add Billing Method button. For further information please read this help article. Meanwhile, please go through this Help Article and find out how to make an offer to hire a Freelancer. You can post a job, verify your payment method, review proposals you receive, send an offer and hire a freelancer to complete this work for you, and process the payment as explained here. I'd also strongly advise you to review the client resources we shared here. Let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bbdf4b1e
Community Member

I am new to Upwork, I want to post new job and hire someone here.

I am visiting the Billing Method tab in Settings, but I see the Credit Card only. I am wondering how to add Paypal as payment method.

Isn't Paypal supported in Upwork? Or do I have to do this somewhere else?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kenan,

After verifying your Paypal account go to Settings > Billing Methods > Add Billing Method and set up PayPal as your payment method, Paypal select option is at the bottom of the selection screen. Just to clarify, you won't be able to add a PayPal account as a payment method if PayPal email is different from the email registered with the Upwork account.

Let us know if you need further assistance, and please read this and this article for more information regarding using Paypal as the payment method.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bbdf4b1e
Community Member

I couldn't find paypal option on billing method popup menu.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kenan,

I'm sorry about your experience! I checked this for you and on our end, there is a Paypal option on the billing method popup menu. Please clear your cache and cookies and try using different browser. If the issue shows on your end after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bbdf4b1e
Community Member

It isn't still shown on my end.

Please have a look this screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e28duwt4ugjw4ff/Screen%20Shot%202018-04-29%20at%2011.17.59%20PM.png?dl=0

Hi Kenan,

I've checked your account and Paypal is available as one of the options in billing method.

2018-04-30 12_51_48-Billing Methods.jpg

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Please let us know so we can assist you further.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Kenan, the real problem is probably that you are currently physically located in one of the countries Upwork does not support PayPal as a billing method from.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kenan,

Unfortunately, PayPal isn't available as a billing option in some countries. Please, add an alternative payment method, such as credit card. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bbdf4b1e
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for help.

But I couldn't add my debit card.

It said "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Kenan,

Please make sure the card you are trying to add functions as a credit card which not all debit cards do. I would like to confirm that virtual card numbers, gift cards, and prepaid cards are not accepted on the platform. You can read more about which kinds of cards are accepted here.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Learning Paths