🐈
» Forums » Clients » I want to cancel a contract my Freelancer is ...
Page options
cb6919dc
Community Member

I want to cancel a contract my Freelancer is not doing good work till the time we started

I want to cancel a contract my Freelancer is not doing good work till the time we started he is just making excuses till the start. He told me at the start that he will get my GMB ranked in 60 days. So I was like ok then the first week he was starting out he told me to put a specific service location in my  GMB in order to rank faster in the nearby area. And I told him before that if we do change the area my GMB could get suspended he was like no it won't happen. Then he changed the service location and guess what it got suspended. After 4-5 days we got it back by talking to google support then after 2-3 days, my GMB started to show on search and then he started the Citation work on GMB. After 5 days I asked him for any updates. And he was like sry I forgot to tell you that I've been really sick for the last 2 days. I understood his condition and i was like ok no worries let's wait for your healthy recovery and now he is telling me that still no progress its really hard to get ranked without any exact location  how should i cancel the contract i don't wanna waste my money

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with this freelancer. I checked and it looks like you were able to end the contract and request an Escrow Refund. If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
cb6919dc
Community Member

Yup can you tell me in how many days i'll get my refund in my account?

Hi there,

I checked and it looks like you already received your refunded credits. You can find more information by going to Reports > Transactions. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
cb6919dc
Community Member

Hey Nikola thanks for the response but i didn't got it in my account as of now is there any procedure to get it back in my account?

Hi there,

Thank you for following up. Please know that refund credits can take up to five business days to appear. Let us know if your funds do not appear after this period and we will assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

You may cancel a contract AT ANY TIME.

For ANY REASON.

You do not need to explain your reasons to Upwork. Or to the freelancer. Or to anybody.

If you want to cancel/close a contract, then simply do so.

Learning how to quickly and simply close a contract on underperforming freelancers is one of the greatest skills that that an Upwork client can learn.

You should put yourself and your project first.

Hourly contracts are the most flexible, and can be cancelled at any time without any difficulty.

But fixed-price contracts can also be ended at any time.

The fastest, most efficient way to end a fixed-price contract is to simply release any remaining escrow money and close the contract. There is NOTHING that a freelancer can do to prevent that. You don't need to "ask permission" or "request" a refund. If you keep fixed-price milestones small enough, then you can simply release funds with minimal impact and then you don't need to deal with a freelancer any more.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths