cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to contact a freelancer who declined my fixed offer

Highlighted
Rishi P Member Since: Jan 11, 2018
11 of 24

I have the same issue as Joy. I have invited a freelancer who declined the interview but sent a message with her decline that requires a response. Unfiortunately I have no way of reaching out to her as the platform doesnt let me send messages to a freelancer who has declined - whether through archives or if I search for her through the search bar. I could create a new dummy job and re-establish communication it but that seems like a pretty cumbersome and ineffective way. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Regards

Rishi

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
12 of 24

Rishi, follow the advice that was posted.  You will have much better luck.

Highlighted
Stephen F Member Since: Feb 8, 2018
13 of 24

I can't find the Archived Tab, is it still there?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 24

Hi Stephen,

Yes, you can go to "Jobs" click on the name of the job posting, then go to Review Proposals> Archived.

I hope this helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Tyrza N Member Since: Mar 6, 2018
15 of 24

Hi,

I had the same issue, that a freelancer declined my invitation for a job. I would love to contact him to negotiate the budget, but when I want to click 'invite to job', I cannot send the message as it says that an interview is in progress.. However, when I go to archived, there is a notification behind his profile stating 'withdrawn by freelancer' and I cannot invite him anymore. 

What should I do to contact him as I can't send him an invite and would love to hear what his budget expectations are? Thanks!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
16 of 24

Hi Tyrza,

You can follow Valeria advice, copying the exact wording below:

You can use "Find Freelancers" field at the top of your screen, search by his name and then click the button to either invite him of make him a direct offer.

Alternatively you can follow Petra advice, go to the freelancer's profile and click on "Invite to Job" then write a custom approach to get the attention of the freelancer.
If you need further help with something let me know, thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Tyrza N Member Since: Mar 6, 2018
17 of 24

Hi Goran,

Thanks for your response.

The reason why I posted my message is because the proposed tips do not work for me... When I search for him and want to invite for an offer, I cannot send the message as it states that the interview is still in progress and I am not able to click the 'send invitation' button (see picture attached). 

Hope you can help! Thanks

Highlighted
18 of 24

Hi Tyrza,

Our team will investigate this further from our end and contact you directly with more details.
If you have any additional questions for now, feel free to post them here. Thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Pavel E Member Since: Sep 24, 2019
19 of 24

Hi All,

I had the same issue, that a freelancer declined my invitation for a job.
I would love to contact him to negotiate the budget.

I read the topic and use one of suggestions:
Go to the freelancer's profile and click on "Invite to Job", write a custom message to freelancer and press button "Send Invititaion".
But after this windows is closed and few seconds later I see pop-up "This freelancer is not available for invitations." with red exclamation mark icon.

I get the same problem with 2 freelancers who declined my invitations.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
20 of 24

Hi Pavel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS