🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I want to report an abusive client
Page options
dawnieeta
Community Member

I want to report an abusive client

I am new to Upwork and this is my first client. Been waiting for this day to be hired but I found out that this client is so abusive. He uses Skype to contact me and give instructions but when he said he wants to have a video call and I said later because I am breastfeeding, he said that I want to see an awesome sight of a breastfeeding mom. Then I did not reply. I only sent him a message again when it was about time to work and he started to treat me rudely. He even tried to make conversations that are sensitive during work time like talking about his ex making out with him. He is a very unprofessional client. He accused me also of not performing my job even if I was not my schedule to work. I work 8 hours and come back again the next day. He blames me for things that happened outside my working hours and even during my break. What should I do? I kept trying to report the client but the bot is just answering things that are not connected to my concern. I want to be paid for this and I don't want him to give me a bad rating and comment to me. Since he is my first client. I don't want other clients to think that I am not a good freelancer. Please help me.

**Edited for community guidelines**     

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dawnie,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. I'll share this report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dawnieeta
Community Member

Thank you. I will be waiting.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Dawnie, no offense intended, but since you do do editing/proofing then you probably want to look over your profile again and catch the spelling errors. 🙂 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths