🐈
» Forums » Clients » I was charged twice for the same project
Page options
901e2211
Community Member

I was charged twice for the same project

Hi everyone. I am new to this platform. I created my first job post and funded the project with my CC. I received like 5-6 applications from freelancers. Since I needed my job done as early as possible I picked one freelancer and hired him. But later I found out that there are far better freelancers out here who are doing similar projects at lesser price. So I cancelled the currently hired guy. Re-adjusted the budget and edited the project details and went on to hire another freelancer directly. Only this time upwork charged my credit card once again and left my initial fund in the escrow untouched. I thought upwork will fund my newly edited project from the amount that was already deposited in the escrow. Now my problem is I am not able to figure out how to withdraw the unused fund from the escrow. I can not find any way to contact the support guys directly to explain the situation. I will really appreciate your help guys. Thank you!  -Prantik

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prantik, 

I'm sorry for the confusion. If you check this page, you will see that the amount for the cancelled contract has refunded back to your payment method. 

~ Avery
Upwork
901e2211
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this matter and for pointing in the right direction. I really appreciate your help.

However, there is one other issue, I'm facing. Its that I've been unable to connect my Paypal account for payment method. When I click the blue Paypal button nothing happens and does not redirect to Paypal. I will appreciate if you could do something abut that as well.

Regards

Prantik

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prantik, 

Will you please try basic troubleshooting - such as clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue will be resolved? 

If it persists, let us know so that we can ask the team to look into it. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths