🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I was scammed by a fake freelancer on Upw...
Page options
3def682d
Community Member

I was scammed by a fake freelancer on Upwork and I want a refund of the money I paid for him now.

I was scammed by a fake freelancer on Upwork and I want a refund of the money I paid for him now.
His profile is currently suspended and hope upwork will fix this soon.

12 REPLIES 12
LuiggiR

Hi Khairul,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. You may want to follow up with the team that's already in contact with you from there, as they're the ones who can best assist you. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3def682d
Community Member

Upwork support team did n't reach out me yet.

Thank you

bobafett999
Community Member

How is upwork responsible for this? You hired, You paid.  What did Upwork do?

Upwork did nothing

f4c023cc
Community Member

Report this freelancer to upwork team

yes, I did

bobafett999
Community Member

The account is already suspended.  What more can Upwork do?

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I was scammed by a fake freelancer on Upwork and I want a refund of the money I paid for him now."

I am very sorry that you had a disappointing experience while using Upwork.

But that is not how this works.

I advise clients to proactively plan to never ask for any sort of refund. Because it is a huge gamble to do so. It is unlikely that you will ever get money back from a freelancer. A better way to save money is to stop paying money to underperforming freelancers. If you don't love their work, then end the contract. Don't pay them a bunch of money and then try to get money back.

c3cf1dee
Community Member

How!!

ebb9f1d9
Community Member

I'm satisfied by Upwork team support. They get to me, solve my two disputes. Upwork is a best platform for all freelancer. But these fake people are creating bad image of freelancers and Upwork platform. 

df602768
Community Member

Sad what happened to you. You didn't tell us exactly what happened though (?). 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Khairul, how did you get scammed? Did you Approve his work without receiving it first? Thanks!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths