🐈
» Forums » Clients » INTERVIEW BEFORE HIRING
Page options
483be178
Community Member

INTERVIEW BEFORE HIRING

I am interested in interviewing a potential freelancer prior to hiring them. It appears as though I am forced to "Hire" before questions can be answered. Is there a way to interview a freelancer prior to hiring? How?

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi GI,

Clients are unable to communicate with freelancers unless freelancers apply to a client's job post, or the freelancer was invited to apply to the job, and the freelancer obliged. On this interview stage, you should be able to discuss the project details with the freelancers, and vet which freelancer will be best for your project.

Please check this help article for more information about interviewing and negotiating with Freelancers.

Also, check out some of the great articles about Interview Questions to Find the Perfect Freelancer and How to Choose and Interview the Right Freelancer for Your Project.

You can check some helpful resources to give you an idea about how to get started as a client. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I am interested in interviewing a potential freelancer prior to hiring them. It appears as though I am forced to "Hire" before questions can be answered. Is there a way to interview a freelancer prior to hiring? How?"

You are not forced to hire a freelancer before interviewing him.

When you click an "Invite" button, that simply provides an opportunity to talk to a freelancer. You can talk with them or interview them for as long as like. No contract is implied. You have not hired them. You don't owe them any money. There is not even any way to pay them any money at that point.

Of course we ask that respect this privilege and be mindful of the freelancer's time. But as far as the user interface goes, it is easy to talk to a freelancer before hiring, and there is no limit actually enforced on how long you do that.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths