cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Identity Verification

Ace Contributor
Chanc S Member Since: Mar 29, 2015
1 of 4

My company account was suspended a while back because a freelancer I hired used the same computer as me.  This looked to oDesk like we were maybe the same person.  I am since unable to hire, pay, or do any work with my oDesk staff.  

oDesk is working on fixing this for me, slowly, but working nevertheless.  Today, I was asked to go through indentity verification.  This is a great way for me to prove my case!  I am writing today, since I am bored and cannot work until the process if complete, to make a suggestion.  Why not put everyone through the identity verification process initially?  Seems this would fix this problem entirely and prevent companies like me from having 2+ weeks of no work while waiting on oDesk to resolve.  I did nothing wrong, but now have hurt relationships with great freelancers.  I may even lose some of my staff since they cannot get paid.  The identity verification process is simple and already in place.  How about you make this part of the sign-up materials? 

One more thing...seems I could have been sent the indentity verification link instead of my account being suspended.  Why just cancel my company's work here without asking for this?  Instead of waiting for 2+ weeks, I could have been working this entire time.

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Chanc,

Thanks for raising this. ID Verification is a relatively simple and pretty effective process. It can help avoid potential concerns with a user's account and we're taking a harder look at how we can best implement this more broadly. I'll share your input with our team.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Chanc S Member Since: Mar 29, 2015
3 of 4

Yeah, on my end it was very quick and simple.  Seems oDesk already has the process in place...why not go ahead and use it...

Of course, I am still in the midst of waiting on the results of the documentation I submitted. You know, hitting refresh on my computer trying to speed up the process!! :-)

Pablos S Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
4 of 4

I'm waiting for a verification for a moth... 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS