🐈
» Forums » Clients » If I cancel a contact or milestone does it co...
Page options
3d0bcba0
Community Member

If I cancel a contact or milestone does it count against me?

Hi,

I'm wondering if I cancel a contract that was accepted and no milestones have been paid, if anything will count against me? I had a freelancer account the contract for creating a Python Dashboard application. The work was started on a Monday and was to be completed on a Friday. On Thursday suddenly my freelancer came down with Covid and wasn't feeling well, so we had to push the timeline back a little bit. During the following week, they were hospitalized and I was unable to make contact or reach them. 4 days passed, and then they were discharged from the Hospital. At this time I was told that they were 95% complete with the work and that I was going to receive the code that evening. Now another week 1/2 has passed and I still cannot reach them. I'm thinking it's best to cancel the contract and get my milestone funds back and find another freelancer, but I wanted to check.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyrone,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into this contract and advise you on further steps.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyrone,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into this contract and advise you on further steps.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths