🐈
» Forums » Clients » If I hire someone through "Featured Job" how ...
Page options
0f043654
Community Member

If I hire someone through "Featured Job" how much is freelancer's fee reduced by?

Hi,

One of the benefits of Upwork Plus is the "Featured Job" post. According to this https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Upwork-Plus-for-Clients/td-p/567998 : " ...freelancers and agencies who receive a reduced service fee if awarded the job".

If I understood this correctly if I hire someone from a "Featured Job" their service fee will be reduced.

My question is by how much is their service fee reduced?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richardrader
Community Member

Only for Top Rated Freelancers and Top Rated Plus:

It goes from 20% to 10% for the first $500 the freelancer makes from you. Then it continues to be 10% until the freelancer makes $10,000 through the relationship with you. Afterwards its 5%.

As a freelancer I find the featured posts more attractive and am available to provide a cheaper rate if asked. 

If you decide to hire a non top rated freelancer, the freelancer will still be charged 20% for the first $500 earned.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Jezy,

That is correct! Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers are charged a reduced fee on Featured Jobs. Freelancers are charged a fee based on their lifetime billings with a single client since their first job with them on Upwork, starting at 20%. However, on Featured Jobs, they are charged 10% since the beginning of the relationship. You can learn more about Freelancer Service Fees here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
richardrader
Community Member

Only for Top Rated Freelancers and Top Rated Plus:

It goes from 20% to 10% for the first $500 the freelancer makes from you. Then it continues to be 10% until the freelancer makes $10,000 through the relationship with you. Afterwards its 5%.

As a freelancer I find the featured posts more attractive and am available to provide a cheaper rate if asked. 

If you decide to hire a non top rated freelancer, the freelancer will still be charged 20% for the first $500 earned.

Richard R wrote

Well, that sounds like a win-win situation to me. Definitely worth upgrading to Plus.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths