🐈
» Forums » Clients » In a hurry for a resolution
Page options
d6c1fbaaea92074b
Community Member

In a hurry for a resolution

Hi there,

I was wondering if you guys may be able to assist me properly at once.

Please, be advised that on **Edited for Community Guidelines**, the freelancer **Edited for Community Guidelines** who sent me a direct contract proceeded to withdraw his funds. **Edited for Community Guidelines** withdrew the funds belonging to the Direct Contract 1467505544363511808, as an ACH payment. Therefore, it's being 6 business days already, and this freelancer still hasn't received at his bank account the given funds. And we are so desperate for a resolution.

On the other side, an Upwork supervisor whose name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** pointed out to me the following message and I haven't heard from him anymore:
"Your request (#33336416) has been updated. You may reply directly to this email or by opening the link below:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

This makes me so sad because he hasn't fullfilled any single promised word to me so far.
According to the Upwork policy for a missing ACH payment, "Upwork can trace a missing ACH payment for you at no charge, however, you must wait five business days after the withdrawal date to request the trace. If your funds have not arrived after this period, please contact support to request a payment trace." 

And as it have passed more than the 5 business days for being eligible of submitting the trace, could you please go ahead in requesting a trace funds for the Direct Contract 1467505544363511808? I am so desperate for a resolution regarding this matter as the freelancer first needs to get the funds registered at his bank account to finally begin the service I payed him for. He won't complete the work until he has received the funds... That's why I am sending messages to you guys all over again. 

I am kindly waiting for a resolution and if you guys were able to find with the trace funds the root cause for the delay of it, please let me know when it will be registered at the freelancer's bank account.

Kind regards,
Alicia Aveledo
6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

The freelancer is the one that has withdrawn the funds, they have nothing to do with you and Upwork can't do a trace of someone else's funds on your behalf. The freelancer needs to communicate with Upwork and their bank.

Alicia A wrote:
as the freelancer first needs to get the funds registered at his bank account to finally begin the service I payed him for. He won't complete the work until he has received the funds...

What do you mean? The workflow is that you pay the money into Escrow, the freelancer completes the work and submits it to you, in full, and then you release the funds. What happens afterwards is nothing to do with you, it is between the freelancer and Upwork and their respective banks.

Why would you send money to a complete stranger on the internet with absolutely no protection at all? That really isn't how escrow or Upwork are supposed to be used.

Hello Petra,

Thank you for your valuable time in provinding a response.

First of all, please let me clear out some facts for a better understanding, as I may completely understand your point regarding why it was left such a question at the end of your response.

1) As previously mentioned, the freelancer sent to me a Direct Contract (whose ID is 1467505544363511808), which was divided into 2 milestones for $4223 each. And the payment method I used for each milestone was PayPal, so these transactions were categorized through my PayPal account as "Goods and Services". Therefore, just in case the freelancer doesn't provide to me in full accordance the respective work I contracted him for, then I will be eligible for the PayPal buyer's protection program.
By the way, this direct contract belongs to bulk inventory supplying for Amazon, so that's why the freelancer (which is actually an UK seller/wholesaler) requested approval of the funds on each milestone. And once he was able to get his funds at his bank account, I was promised he will proceed to dispatch the inventory I requested to him.

2) On December 9th, the seller withdrew the funds of $7921.20 as an "ACH" payment. And I completely understand that I am not the one who may authorize the request for tracing the funds because it's upon the freelancer behalf to proceed with it. But on December 15th, I was promised by a supervisor of Upwork the following:

It have passed 6 business days and the trace of funds haven't started so far. I have requested plenty of times the freelancer to please continue dealing this nuisance with upwork itself and authorize the trace funds request. But I haven't received any update yet and this has driven me crazy, it is so frustrating though.

Alicia A wrote:

Therefore, just in case the freelancer doesn't provide to me in full accordance the respective work I contracted him for, then I will be eligible for the PayPal buyer's protection program.

No. When you agreed to Upwork's terms of Service you agreed to not attempt a chargeback. 

Alicia A wrote:

On December 9th, the seller withdrew the funds of $7921.20 as an "ACH" payment.

How would someone in the UK use an ACH payment? That is purely for US-based freelancers.

A freelancer in the UK would use wire transfer or "direct to local bank".

Alicia A wrote:

...By the way, this direct contract belongs to bulk inventory supplying for Amazon, so that's why the freelancer (which is actually an UK seller/wholesaler).

...And once he was able to get his funds at his bank account, I was promised he will proceed to dispatch the inventory I requested to him.

So this contract wasn't for services at all, but for buying goods/inventory?

NikolaS

Hi Alicia,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,

But how about the previous words promised by the Upwork's supervisor  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

This supervisor didn't even fulfilled the words promised to me 3 days ago "If they still have not received the funds by tomorrow, I can escalate the payment to be traced.  I will work closely with the freelancer to ensure that they receive their payment." 

That being said, I request you guys to please go ahead and trace the funds for the Direct Contract 1467505544363511808. OKAY?

According to the Upwork policy for a missing ACH payment, "Upwork can trace a missing ACH payment for you at no charge, however, you must wait five business days after the withdrawal date to request the trace. If your funds have not arrived after this period, please contact support to request a payment trace." 

And as it have passed more than the 6 business days for being eligible of submitting the trace, could you please go ahead in requesting a trace funds for the Direct Contract 1467505544363511808? I am so desperate for a resolution regarding this matter as the freelancer first needs to get the funds registered at his bank account to finally begin the service I payed him for. He won't complete the work until he has received the funds... That's why I am sending messages to you guys all over again. 

I am kindly waiting for a resolution and if you guys were able to find with the trace funds the root cause for the delay of it, please let me know when it will be registered at the freelancer's bank account.

Once again, go ahead to trace the funds of the freelancer. I am so stressed already and I would really appreciate you guys don't bring more issues or excuses to proceed with my request, understand that I require the freelancer gets his money registered in order to he begins with the work. Okay?

Kind regards,
Alicia Aveledo

martina_plaschka
Community Member

I don't like the sound of this. It is pretty ridiculous to only start working once the money is in his BANK ACCOUNT. No freelancer on upwork works this way. Or at least they shouldn't. 

This will not end well. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths