🐈
» Forums » Clients » Increase Daily Invitation Limit Of Freelancer...
Page options
af3134de
Community Member

Increase Daily Invitation Limit Of Freelancers

Hey there,

I am running a small publishing company and need to fill a lot of positions currently.
Using a featured job gives me the opportunity to invite an unlimited amount of freelancers.

But, there is a daily limit of around 50-70 people I can invite. After I invite this number of people, I am able to request an exception to this limit, but this function is not working at all.

I know from a friend that he's able to invite as many freelancers as he likes to on a daily basis. When he started on Upwork, he could request exceptions several times until there was no limit at all after a certain period.

I already contacted the support and they told me that turning a job post to private disables this daily limit, but it's also not working.

My selection process is quite strict. Considering my hiring statistics from my current job, I know that I need to invite around 100 people to find one suited candidate. It would take me weeks to fill all positions because I need to hire 30-50 writers currently.

Therefore, this feature is crucial for me.

Best Regards, Christoph

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Christoph,

I checked and see that you've discussed this with our support. I'd like to reiterate that Featured Jobs do give clients unlimited invites on that job. However, Upwork has a daily security limit on invites to avoid spam and fraudulent activity. If you hit your daily limit you will be able to send additional invites in 24 hours.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Christoph,

I checked and see that you've discussed this with our support. I'd like to reiterate that Featured Jobs do give clients unlimited invites on that job. However, Upwork has a daily security limit on invites to avoid spam and fraudulent activity. If you hit your daily limit you will be able to send additional invites in 24 hours.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
sjbercot
Community Member

As a freelancer, many of us are wary of jobs that have dozens of invites. While you take the time and energy to sift through and find the right candidate, the majority of jobs with that number of invites throws up a red flag because we're used to many of them just being spam. The number of invites themselves might be weeding out freelancers unintentionally. Are these invite-only jobs? If you don't mind me asking, how many people typically reply when you send out that many invites for a job?

Hey Sarah,

I totally understand your worry. The jobs are available to the public as well. But 99% of people apply through my invite. I'd say around 10% of people reply.

Best Regards, Christoph

It makes no sense to invite or interview a hundred people to fill one position. The interviews will not provide you with a real idea about how those people will actually work when under contract.

It would be more effective to hire lots of people without wasting time in interviews, and see how they actually perform when assigned real tasks. If you hire 100 freelancers and assign them the same task, you will get real work done under real conditions.

Then you can continue working with the freelancer or freelancers who impress you the most.

Very interesting, thanks for the reply!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths