🐈
» Forums » Clients » Interviewing and discussing project details
Page options
94e33d20
Community Member

Interviewing and discussing project details

I've posted a project that is highly technical. It's so detailed, it would take me days to create a document that describes everything. I would feel more confident with a candidate if I could spark with them on a skype call and discuss the application problems and get a better opinion if they are a good fit for the project,

It looks like UpWork does not allow Skype calls. How else can I hold a live interview with a programmer?

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tony, 

Welcome to Upwork and the Upwork Community! Since you are new, you may want to check out the Hiring Resources some help articles from Upwork Help to help you get started. 

As for your question, Zoom is an available integration in the Upwork Message Center, and you should be able to choose between using Zoom, the Upwork video and voice call feature, or a phone call. Once a freelancer has responded to your invitation or has sent you a proposal for your project post, you should be able to set an interview with them. For more information about the video and voice calling features that are available on Upwork, you may read this help article.

As a gentle reminder, it is against the Upwork Terms of Service to communicate outside of Upwork before a contract has started, so it's best to use the available features in the Message Center when conducting pre-contract communication with your potential freelancers. 

Let us know if you have other questions, and our team will be happy to help you!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths