🐈
» Forums » Clients » Introductory webinar available for new market...
Page options
canasa_shennaver
Community Member

Introductory webinar available for new marketplace clients - new dates coming soon!

Update: we'll be closing this thread as the webinar sessions announced here have been concluded. For other upcoming events, check out this page. 

Welcome to Upwork!

I’m Shennaver, and I’m part of the client onboarding webinar team. We are so excited to have you on the platform!

We understand how important it is to find the right person because a good connection with independent talent can have a lasting impact on your business. Our goal is for you to feel ready to start your first project and hire talent.

Our team will continue to host free introductory webinars for new clients like you on the marketplace. 

Please stay tuned for our next set of webinar dates in the upcoming months.

Feel free to visit our other resource page to get you started in the meantime.

Attended the webinar recently? Do you have some follow-up questions? We’re here regularly to check in on this thread so we can follow up with you about anything that was discussed during the webinar. Let us know your thoughts below!

Thanks,

Upwork Client Webinar Team

65 REPLIES 65
danish_want
Community Member

Hi Shennaver,

Thanks for the details. I appreciate that. I would like to share with you what I have understood so far and let me know if I am wrong somewhere.So I have created a profile as a freelancer,Agency and as a client. So as a freelancer I can bid as an independent consultant,as an agency I can bid for different projects as company and will need to upgrade my agency to Agency Plus to buy connects. As a client I can hire individuals for my projects and assign them permissions. Is that correct? Now I wanted to ask whether I should hire a freelancer first or bid for project first then hire a freelancer?II wanted to understand how does it work in Upwork? If I hire a freelancer then he will have to wait for the projects as long as I am not able to get one. If I bid for the project first then i will have to hire the freelancer asap as the project timeline will get effected.What do you suggest? Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Danish

You can only invite 3 freelancers per job for free. When you invite, you are asking the freelancer if they want to talk. No contract is created this way.

When you hire, you send an offer. If the freelancer accepts, a contract is created and they can start working right after that.

Unless you know the freelancer, do an interview first. Most freelancers will be afraid to get an offer without talking first about the project.

I need project 

are you interested on  work sir  

Hi i am siddiq 

I am Sumona from Upwork Freelancer. I have good knowledge about Digital Marketing. 

221c713e
Community Member

Hi, I've been an Upwork client for about 3 years where I rehired the same 3 people. I now have new needs and placed an add, reviewed proposals and chose a new freelancer.

Not sure if the Upwork GUI has changed, but I can't find the 'Add or Eit Milestone'.  The Help Page says to Jobs>My Jobs> Contract of interest then hit this button. I can't see it (but I can for the 3 previous freelancers). Do I need to take a further step to confirm this contract before I can add a milestone? Help!

Hi Tracey,

Are you referring to adding a milestone for a new hire? If yes, you can add a milestone while creating an offer for your new freelancer. Check this help page for more information on how to send an offer to new freelancers. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

hi i am a writer and looking for a good roject to conitnue my study, kindly provide me work if you have.  

Am a Professional Marketer here, feel free to do job

thanks for your sharing. 

Great decision, A New seller creative idea

61c905e9
Community Member

Hi Shennaver - I am a new client and I need help editing my contract.  The first milestone is locked so I cannot modify it (no edit icon next to it).  It appears that it's skewing my budget number (doubled) now that I've added my milestones.  I need to fix this asap and I can't find anyone to help - I also tried the 'get support' feature with no luck.  Can you please DM me asap today to help me out?  Thank you.

Hi Patricia,

You can release a partial milestone amount for the first milestone and then use the funds in escrow to activate the next milestones with the correct amounts. Check out how to do this here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Am available

167ac944
Community Member

Hi, Shennaver C

You will continue to host free introductory webinars for new clients? If yes, you can add a milestone while creating an offer for your new freelancer. Feel free to message me if you need new freelancers.

f717ea90
Community Member

i want to join you

Hi Mofat,

Could you please clarify if you are interested in joining a webinar? If so please know that you can visit our events and webinar page to register for upcoming events or watch recordings of past events.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5ab8f5a4
Community Member

Interested

9c7418d3
Community Member

Thanks

rockcy
Community Member

Thanks for sharing! 🙂

ad1495f9
Community Member

Thanks for sharing

mohsan768
Community Member

hy sir someone report my id can  you tell my how can i save my id

Hi Muhammad,

I'm not sure I understand what you need assistance with. Would you please clarify your concern? I'd be happy to help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
tofiqrehman802
Community Member

Hello Shennaver,

Thanks for the details. I enjoy that. I would like to share with you what I have directed so far and let you know if I have a mistake elsewhere. So I have created a profile as a freelancer, agency, and client. So as a freelancer I can bid as an independent consultant, as an agency, I can bid on various projects as a company and I will have to upgrade my Account Plus in order to purchase links. As a client, I can hire individuals for my projects and give them permits. Is that right? Now I wanted to ask if I should hire a freelancer first or bid for a project first and then hire a freelancer? II I wanted to understand how it works in Upwork? If I hire a freelancer I will have to wait for projects as long as I can not find them. If I bid for the project first I will need to hire a freelancer as soon as the project timeline will work. What do you suggest? Let me know your thoughts.

I greet you,

Tofiq ur Rehman

Are you a writer?

3083c4de
Community Member

Thank you for sharing.

d5551ec9
Community Member

I think this is a good idea. thank Upwork Team

allan116
Community Member

Hoping to get hired and work on a campaign! Lets be Positive! ❤️

Yes you are in a right place am available to work everytime and am an expert.

Kindly share me full detailsabout it

shahadat0164
Community Member

Thanks

370c8e1c
Community Member

Hi

5ab8f5a4
Community Member

Looking forward hearing from you

mohamed_atallah
Community Member

Thanks for sharing.

rjmahabub543
Community Member

Great Decision. I'm a new seller 🙂

858b90ed
Community Member

I am Muhammad shakil having good skills in Graphic Designing.

4e7d9bd7
Community Member

i am new i feel very hard to get first job, help me plz

durjoy_roy
Community Member

hi

jetpromaster
Community Member

Thanks for sharing.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths