🐈
» Forums » Clients » Invitations vs Hire
Page options
c9b4aa2f
Community Member

Invitations vs Hire

Hello! I need help to invite freelancers to my job. Whenever I press "Invite" the number of invites runs out but the menu "Invited to the job" says that I did not invite anyone yet! I do not want to appear in the situation when I have multuple freelancers accpeted my job and I need to pay all of them when I only need one. Help please! Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Adela,

You can view your invited freelancers by opening your job > click on the tab "Invite Freelancers" > and below next to the "Search" tab you will need to click again on "Invited Freelancers". Here you will be able to view the invitation you`ve sent. 
I would also recommend checking out our resources Here and learning more about utilizing Upwork.

Our team will also reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with inviting and hiring a freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sjbercot
Community Member

Take a breath. You do not have to hire and pay all the freelancers you invite. I mean, you are welcome to. But you're not obligated. An invitation just means you want them especially to submit a proposal. Then you evalutate them like any other candidate, and hire the one(s) you think are the best fit.

I don't have a client account, but I think the number of invited freelancers changes when the freelancer accepts your invitation, not when you send them. I beleive the question was asked in the forum elsewhere before but I'm not sure where.

Hello! Thanks for your reply. I understood the purposes of invitation, maybe I did not formulate my question well.

Situation: I found a person that mught be perfect for my job. I pressed "invite to job". At that point, it was my last invite, I need to upgrade my account to get more (which I dont wanna do). At the same time, once I hit the invite button, it turned to be grey and "Invited to job" was written on it. Next second when I refresh the page, the same freelancer was again available to be invited. He could not refuse my invitation in a second.

Also, I have used all my invites (which means that I have invited 15 people). But if I check the " invited to job" there are no people there. 

I understand that I dont pay anyone I just invite but if i press HIRE then I make an offer to them, and I dont want to make a proper offer to multiple people when i only need one. Hope i made it clear.

I really need help, thanks a lot in advance

Yeah, you're right, I don't think the freelancer refused the invite in jsut a few seconds, just that they haven't accepted it yet. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Adela,

You can view your invited freelancers by opening your job > click on the tab "Invite Freelancers" > and below next to the "Search" tab you will need to click again on "Invited Freelancers". Here you will be able to view the invitation you`ve sent. 
I would also recommend checking out our resources Here and learning more about utilizing Upwork.

Our team will also reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with inviting and hiring a freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths