🐈
» Forums » Clients » Invite Freelancers for Little Projects
Page options
ddcc4728
Community Member

Invite Freelancers for Little Projects

hi guys,
i am a freelance and often i read some little projects, easy and fast, that could be done for free or something like that.

But when a Client post the job without sending invites, the only possibility for a freelance is "pay" the connects..
I don't do that, becasue connects are never enough!

I think that if you should send invites, you could have more possibilities to assign the job to the right person.

But this is just my 2 cents
😉

11 REPLIES 11
mario-palermo
Community Member

Im agree,pay for send proposals is just no sense.

Wow! This thread is really lost in translation! 

JoanneP

Hi Raffaele,

Clients can send invites to freelancers they choose. Please check out this thread to learn more how Upwork works. If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ddcc4728
Community Member

I don't understand the reason of your reply.

I adviced clients to invite freelancers for little jobs.

Little jobs on upwork are permitted
Invitations on upwork are permitted

i just adviced to to do both togeather.

That's all
versailles
Community Member

@Raffaele M wrote:

hi guys,
i am a freelance and often i read some little projects, easy and fast, that could be done for free 

For free, Lol 🙂 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Yes Rene, why not?
Sometimes i found proposal whit very easy job.. if it is 5 minutes of work, i prefer i do it for free and receive a good review. This will help me to create a good reputation.

But if the fee is 5 dollars and i have to use 2 connets for being in competition with other freelancers, i prefer don't waste the 2 connets.

I prefer to use the connets for more paid job, but if receive an invitation, i would consider also little projects.

As i told, this is just my opinion.
mtngigi
Community Member

@Raffaele M wrote:
Yes Rene, why not?
Sometimes i found proposal whit very easy job.. if it is 5 minutes of work, i prefer i do it for free and receive a good review. This will help me to create a good reputation.

But if the fee is 5 dollars and i have to use 2 connets for being in competition with other freelancers, i prefer don't waste the 2 connets.

I prefer to use the connets for more paid job, but if receive an invitation, i would consider also little projects.

I laugh right along with Rene.

Why not? How do you expect Upwork to supply this service of bringing freelancers and clients together when they don't make money because you're working for free? How do you suppose they pay all the folks that work for them? Upwork is not here for clients to find "free work", they are here to make money for themselves and us, the freelancers.

Training clients to learn they can come here for free work (no matter how big or small the job is) is most certainly not a good idea. Connects are free and they are the cost of doing business ... they are never "wasted".

Lol indeed.

@Raffaele M wrote:
Yes Rene, why not?
i prefer i do it for free and receive a good review. 

A review. 

Buddy, you need to learn how this works. You receive squat if there is no money being exchanged. Not only working for free is plain stupid, but if you do it within a contract, meaning if the client hires you and you don't bill them, it will hurt your first JSS.

So much actually that when your first JSS shows on your profile, you will come here crying and screaming how Upwork is unfair and stuff.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

@Raffaele M wrote:
Yes Rene, why not?

If you provide work for free, the client can't leave a review, so that would not achieve your objective. 

All,

This thread has been closed from further replies as it's gone off topic. A few posts have been removed for violating the Community Guidelines.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about how Upwork ought to be designed. It is what it is and it's been good to me. Every now and then, however, there comes a thread so inspiring that I can't resist. So, I'm becoming more enthusiastic about my idea: tiered licensing for FLs.

Tier 1 : Get your profile approved and can start bidding on jobs. You get 50 connects per month. You can read the Community Forum but you cannot post comments.

Tier 2: Get your profile approved AND pass a test that measures your understanding of how the platform works (so it really measures your ability and willingness to find and read the provided material). You get an additional 10 connects per month and you can post in the Community Forum.

There is no extra cost associated with a Tier 2 license. The aim is to create incentive for new FLs to slow down and understand what's what before they jump in and (1) get exploited or scammed, (2) aggravate/alienate clients, (3) clog up the CS queues, and (4) jam up the Community Forum flailing at long-dead horses.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths