cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invited Freelancers

Matthew C Member Since: Mar 10, 2019
1 of 24

I have invited freelancers to bid on a project, and after 48 hours have had no response. As i only get 3 invitations, Is there a way to recall the invitation so that I might invite someone else to bid on the project?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 24

Hello. Thanks for reaching out. Currently, canceling/declining invitations will not make them available for you to re-use. To be able to send 15 invites per job post, you can upgrade to our Client Plus plan. To receive unlimited invites, you can upgrade your job post to a Featured Job for a one-time fee of $29.99. Thanks!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Matthew C Member Since: Mar 10, 2019
3 of 24
That's not a great solution...Perhaps I can suggest making the invitations so that you can "unsend" them, and reuse.
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 24

Hi M,

Thank you for your feedback about this, I will share this with our team.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ganz F Member Since: Jun 14, 2019
5 of 24

I used to personally use Upwork.  And I suggested it to my boss so i'm here now.
The fact that i just wasted my 3 invites because i had NO IDEA it was ONLY 3 invites really sucks.  And I declined them thinking I'd get to invite someone else.  THEN I got the notification that I get no other invites so my hands are completely tied.

We have to pay $30 for 12 more invites?
Uhm, that is ridiculous.  I have never had to pay to invite before.

It no longer makes sense to ever use Upwork again.

You do realize it cuts down on who will actually use Upwork, right?

This is the WORST service ever.

I am so sad about these changes.  I'll be sticking with your competition who doesn't charge me to invite freelancers.

Sheri

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
6 of 24

Ganz F wrote:

I used to personally use Upwork.  And I suggested it to my boss so i'm here now.
The fact that i just wasted my 3 invites because i had NO IDEA it was ONLY 3 invites really sucks.  And I declined them thinking I'd get to invite someone else.  THEN I got the notification that I get no other invites so my hands are completely tied.

I am so sad about these changes.  I'll be sticking with your competition who doesn't charge me to invite freelancers.

Sheri

See, Upwork, what you've gone and done? We freelancers TOLD you this was a very bad idea!!!

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
7 of 24

Phyllis G wrote:

Ganz F wrote:

Sheri

See, Upwork, what you've gone and done? We freelancers TOLD you this was a very bad idea!!!

+ 1000

What an absolute disaster!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 24

Is it still only 3 invites per job?

This is really messed up.

This should definitely be fixed as soon as possible.

Doesn't need to be unlimited. Or 100 or something for unconfirmed basic clients.

But only 3 ????

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
9 of 24

Phyllis G wrote:

Ganz F wrote:

Sheri

But what do we know, right?  These client posts regarding unhappiness at this new policy makes me want to scream. Great job, Upwork ... let's keep pushing away the one asset Upwork needs to keep going ... the clients. And hey, while we're at it, let's keep adding thousands more freelancers every day. Lose one client, gain 1,000 freelancers wondering why they can't get work. Yeah, this all sounds like a great business plan.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
10 of 24

Ganz and all commentators -  somewhere - in one of the threads about this untenable situation - a moderator said the 3 was being changed to 6 invites. 

Based on the the 2 clients commenting in this thread -

- Either the mod was given incorrect info;

- We were told the number of invites had  increased to try and mitigate the furor,

-  or ____ feel free to fill in the excuse.

1,000 more kudos @ Phyllis's words - "See, Upwork, what you've gone and done? We freelancers TOLD you this was a very bad idea!!!"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS