cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitiation to Interview message

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
1 of 10

Today I set up several new fixed-price jobs for languages I've hired for before, and set them to "invite only" so I could invite freelancers I've worked with previously. To save myself time and duplicate work, instead of sending those freelancers messages telling them I was about to invite them but the "interview" was just a formality, I wrote a personalised message in the "invitiation to interview" explaining that, because we'd worked together previously and they'd done excellent work, I wanted to hire them for a new job, and asking them to let me know if they weren't available so I could open up the job to other freelancers.

However, when my invited freelancers started replying I realised they weren't getting my personalised message at all. They were just getting the default message "I'd like to invite you to apply to my job. Please review the job post and apply if you're available."

This is bad because it made it look like I didn't remember working with these freelancers at all, when of course I remember working with them very well, which is why I invited them.

I assume this also means that, when I was inviting new freelancers to apply for another job a couple of weeks ago, and crafting personalised invites saying why I was interested in hiring that person, they weren't getting my personalised invites either and just getting the generic ones. I expect that if freelancers are very busy, they're not going to be interested in working with a new client who invites them with a very boring generic message.

Can a mod please confirm if this is a known bug? Also, can any freelancers confirm if they receive invites that say something other than the default message?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 10

Hi Jennifer, 

Thanks for sharing this. I'll have to share this with the team and check if it is a bug, or it's just how the design of the platform works. I'll come back to you when I get feedback from them.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
3 of 10

I've only recevied one or two invites that had a personalized message. The overwhelming majority came with the generic message.

Community Guru
4 of 10

Thanks for checking Avery, I'll wait for a response from you.

Heaven, thanks for letting me know. The fact that you've received *some* personalised messages at least indicates that it works some of the time...

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 10

I think that the only personalized invitations I've gotten have been from "invitation only" jobs, but I might be wrong.

Community Guru
6 of 10

Thanks Mary. The jobs I posted were invitation only jobs and it was these jobs where the freelancers weren't receiving my personalised message. It looks like Avery or one of the other mods has lodged a support ticket for me because I received a help center notification that it's being looked in to, so thanks mods. Once I get a response I'll update this thread also.

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
7 of 10

Jennifer,

I can also confirm that I have received personalized invitations.

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
8 of 10

I've received several personalized invites for 'invite only' jobs; the last ones (2) date from May.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 10

Jennifer,

We weren't able to replicate the issue you reported. The personalized message went through when added. We had a representative reach out to you though, so if you have any additional details, please share them in the ticket.

Thank you very much!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
10 of 10

Thanks Valeria, I've added some more detail to the ticket, I hope that helps the team.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS