🐈
» Forums » Clients » Invoice Problems - Hours don't match - foreig...
Page options
3e7f2a63
Community Member

Invoice Problems - Hours don't match - foreign currency exchange

If my freelancer bills 7.4 hours then Upwork change it to 7.67 hours (40 of 60 minutes) and consequentially the supporting invoices don't match my Xero bills! Why can't Upwork just convert it on the actual invoice so that I don't have to make adjustments or figure out how to make it match (and then not match the PDF)?  Totally unacceptable.

Additionally, exchange rates are not shown on the invoices like they are on Elance. When my bank also doesn't show the USD figure and I have multiple freelancers this becomes a problem.

Anyone else thinking they should return to Elance?

3 REPLIES 3
lenaellis
Community Member

HI Jodie thanks for the feedback. Your freelancer bills in hours and minutes and when invoiced the minutes are converted into decimals of the hours. Like you mentioned 7 hours and 40mins is equal to 7.67 hours. What are you referring to by your Xero bills, is that the software you use? I'd imagine there may be a setting  in your software to change this.

I can see where the confusion may lie, though the amounts should always match up. I apologize if I misunderstood your question, if so could you further clarify where the mismatch is occuring.

-Lena

Untitled
4dcd5b84
Community Member

I also have the same problem. The invoice on Upwork is billed in USD, which translates to a different amount when converted to my local currency. This means I can never take the invoice on Upwork and reconcile it with my bank statement. When there are multiple freelancers it is impossible to understand what was paid for.

Hi Trinity,

We appreciate you reaching out and giving this feedback, it really means a lot to us. Please note that prices on Upwork are always in U.S. Dollars (USD). Only the billing to your card will be converted to your local currency. The amounts should always match up based on the current exchange. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths