🐈
» Forums » Clients » Invoices sent directly to an email address
Page options
cecc1705
Community Member

Getting invoices by e-mail

How can I get invoices as a client automatically by email? I don't want to login and download the invoices each month. 

96 REPLIES 96
13cf5f2f
Community Member

Hello Captain, same need here ! 

It would be also very much appreciated to have the receipt + the freelancer's invoice + upwork's invoice all attached together.

10bffc7c
Community Member

Absolutely insane to have this topic on for so long, everyone claiming its critical, and just a new support person claiming to forward it along. 

Get it done already! or reply back wiht a reasonable follow up to why it isnt implemented if there is a reason.  Blows my mind that this can is just kicked down the road with no follow up

Hi Miguel,

We totally understand how you want this feature to be added to the platform. Please understand that It needs to undergo sets of reviews by the appropriate team before considering. Rest assured that users will be notified once there's an update. We would appreciate your patience and utmost understanding while we address your request.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f993ed91
Community Member

and this takes 2 years?

3 now....crazy!

3fc32a3e
Community Member

I need this function too. It's ridicilous that a platform like this hasn't got that function yet

32478d3e
Community Member

Please enable this ASAP, this is a basic functionality that is absurd to withhold. At least enable the functionality in the API so we can use Zapier to work around your crap billing site

3ccc6eee
Community Member

Same here. It's 2023, Upwork!

6232030a
Community Member

Same here, this is a feature who's absence is disappointing. Itakes a lot of unecessary time and effort better spent on other things.

f3ac35c2
Community Member

Wow, it's been 4 years and Upwork team has done nothing about it!

Upwork became such a nightmare to use because of this issue!

Bring pdf invoicing!

Hi Valery,

We certainly understand how you want this feature to be implemented and we truly appreciate you sharing your feedback/suggestions here in the Community. Unfortunately, this feature is not available yet. We'll keep sharing your feedback with the appropriate team and they are surely looking further into this. We'll keep the Community posted if there are any updates with the platform.

~ Arjay
Upwork
33eaba6f
Community Member

6 months ago!

It's been years already that clients are demanding this feature and upwork does not want to provide it.

I have a simple easy to follow guide to help you automate it.

mahwang
Community Member

I'm so sick of having to download the invoices manually to forward to accounting.

Everybody together now:

WHAT DO WE WANT?  EMAIL INVOICES!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT? NOW!

2e793e5b
Community Member

To receive invoices automatically by email as a client, enable "Automatic Invoicing" in your Upwork account settings. This will eliminate the need to log in and manually download the invoices each month.

Hello Sami, I can't find this "Automatic invoicing" feature. Could you show me where it is?

Hi Fabian,
What Sami is saying, does not exist on upwork. I have looked all over for it.

I have found a different way to automate it, I can help you set this up.

Reach out on private message and I will give you the guide.

0b835c55
Community Member

2023 - still no invoices per email. Should I book a freelancer from Upwork to help me do my manual work from Upwork? 😄 that's ridiculous. 

I have a quick and easy automation to assist in this project.

I will setup a easy project on my profile for anyone to buy that needs this type of functionality.

9ec631b4
Community Member

I'm actually going to stop using Upwork as a client due to this very basic feature being missing. See you guys later, I'm too busy to be messing around with stupid things like this. The invoices aren't even in a logical place. If you want me to pay you money, then make it easy for me to do so and don't add in unnecessary friction. 

I am in the same boat. Farewell upwork
gavintfn
Community Member

It looks like this is possible through the API....
https://developers.upwork.com/?lang=php#reports_financial-reports-grammar

WHERE
[[ (buyer_company__id = 'XYZ') | (buyer_team__id = 'XYZ') |
(provider_team__id = 'XYZ') | (provider__id = 'XYZ')] |
[ (buyer_company__reference = 1234) | (buyer_team__reference = 1234) |
(provider_team__reference = 1234) | (provider__reference = 1234)] |
(assignment__reference = 1234) | (accounting_entity__reference) ]
and
[ (date > YYYY-MM-DD) | (date >= YYYY-MM-DD) |
(date_due = YYYY-MM-DD) | (date_due <= YYYY-MM-DD) |
(date < YYYY-MM-DD) ]
and
[[ (buyer_team__id = XXX or buyer_team__id = YYY
or buyer_team__id = ZZZ) ]
and
[ (provider__id = XXX or provider__id = YYY
or provider__id = ZZZ) ]]
and
[ (provider_team__id = XXX or provider_team__id=YYY) ]
and
[ (type = 'ARInvoice' or
(type = 'ARAdjustment' and subtype = 'Fixed Price')) ]

However, Upworks API docs are spotty at best.   I'm more than willing to look into this further if anyone would like.

bongaardsmat
Community Member

Please add an option to client accounts that will send all invoices via email. Right now we have to do this manually. I cannot believe that this option is not available because it is almost 2024...

Hi Matthijs,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We'll continue sharing them with the team but as of now, this is still not available.

~ AJ
Upwork

at least, please supply an example project for upwork api that implements this functionality

e1350c10
Community Member

Hi there, 

Could Upwork invoices be automatically forwarded to an email address? 

I have been downloading the invoices manually from Upwork after every transaction and upload them onto our bookkeeping software, Xero.

It would be handy if they could be sent to an email address directly as with Xero bills can be automatically generated if sent to the specific bills-generating email address. 

Thanks for the help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Stefania.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to advise you regarding this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0801d3d0
Community Member

Hi

Can you share the solution? I also want to know how to redirect Upwork invoice to Xero.

Thank you.

Ellen 

Hi Ellen,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi

Can you share the solution? I also want to know how to redirect Upwork invoice to an email Adress.

Kind regards

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

Our company doesn't use Xero, but I'd also like to set up monthly payment invoices for contractors to our finance team's emails.  Is this possible?

Ben

Hi Benjamin,

I have escalated your concern and one of our agents will surely be in touch directly via support ticket to assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Can you please share how to receive invoices via email? I have to log in every month, and do that manually; it's absurd... 😕

Hi Marco,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2d3213d4
Community Member

I would like to know as well.  Please send how I can get invoices emailed to me.

Arjay. Why don't you just make it public how to do this? Its mid 2023 not 2013. Can you please let me know how to send invoices directly to HubDoc or an email address. Thanks. Padraic 

Thsi is nonsense - you haven't solved it. If you have post a public solution??

Can you escalate me to a support ticket please so we can find out this secret information?

HI There- can you escalate me to a support ticket so I can find out this top secret information. Should be a basic requirement to email out invoices. Or maybe you want us to outsrouce the downlaoidng of invoices on Upwrok via Upwork??

Hi Toby, 

Thank you for reaching out. You can go to your Transaction History page and click on "Download Invoices" to get your invoices.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths