🐈
» Forums » Clients » Is it possible i can get money back?
Page options
14aa697e
Community Member

Is it possible i can get money back?

I had contact with someone from fiver for making a website. we did a fixed price. he made the website for me. but I now find out that the website has been copied and pasted. because they made a mistake with 1 word and saw a other company name. I dont like the way they did business with me and i want my money back.
I got only access to the site as staff on shopify and still didnt get full access off it also. but dont like this way of copy and paste it...

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I had contact with someone from Fiverr for making a website..."

Hicham:
I am sorry if you were disappointed by the experience you had when you hired somebody from Fiverr.

Is it possible for you to get money back?
That would really be a question that you would want to ask on the Fiverr website.

People here at Upwork would not be the best people to ask about how another website operates.

re: "Is it possible i can get money back?"

Hicham:
This is what I have referred to as "refund mentality."

Refund mentality hurts clients.
Refund mentality costs clients time and money.

When a client sets up a project, thinking that they can click a magic button and get money back if things don't go perfectly for them, then this type of thinking often leads to a lack of oversight or project management. Rather than looking at what freelancers are doing on the project, I have seen clients pay out thousands of dollars to freelancers, only to realize after a long period of time and much money spent that the work they were receving is nothing they can use.

So they ask for a refund, and maybe get a few dollars back. Maybe they are able to get $200 back. But they spend $3000 in total, and they don't get all of that back.

Wiser clients plan to never get money back from freelancers, but instead evaluate the work as it is submitted, especially early on. And if a freelancer's work doesn't measure up, the client simply stops working with that freelancer.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hicham,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths